Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This version of BizzConn (v6.7.4.733 beta) works better on the Treo 755p than the version that Sprint put out for the 700p (v6.7.3.235). All the keys work now.

You have to uninstall BizzConn first, then reboot, then install seven.prc, reboot, run seven.prc and go through your reg and config it again.

I don't know if you have to join Seven's beta program to download this.

http://beta.seven.com/downloads/sd_palm/SEVEN.prc
    The new beta version has support for Exchange OTA; however, I cannot get it to work. With Versamail, I just plug in my router's IP and it works.

But the IP won't work with Seven's app. Can anyone suggest anything? I like Seven (bizcon) better because it reads the Active Directory (AD) for emails and let's you call from the AD too.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Plus you can search for emails and filtet or sort the list.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    I cannot get my ota exchange to work either. I have tried all combinations. Still nothing. If I could get this to work, it would be what I've been looking for since I got the Treo. Help!
    Matty
    Godschoice, VM will read from ADS as well. However, you cannot call from it. You can email though. Have you found a way to get exchange to work? I am in the same boat.
    Matty
    OK, I know it works BUT

I had an email setup for a copier and I had a setting setup wrong where if I entered the OWA URL, it would automatically log into this account. Well when I used the URL http://172.168.12.1/exchange (not real IP here) in the SEVEN app, and my own email and password, it would log in, but showed the copier's email. I was able to send an email with this copier email account.

I removed this whacky copier email account and now I get bad a password error when trying to login with my own account.

Still no luck getting this to work, though I do now have the right URL now.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    I tried it with the http://, and without it. Will not work either way. I get error S7124, configuration error.
    Matty
    Let me ask you this, for your user name, do you use your work desktop login, or your email address? Also, do I have to have a special plan, or register with Seven, for this to work?
    Matty
    All.. This software was beta back in May/June. It hasn't been updated since then. There haven't been any discussions or updates on this software since June. I used it back then as I was a beta tester. Stopped since it wasn't being supported anymore.

You have to join Seven's beta program for it to really work. It uses Seven's server (rather then Sprint) and Seven's desktop redirector software (rather then the Sprint version.

This version also had some beta of screen-scraping outlook web access, but it didn't really work. I don't know of anyone who got it working successfully for the Outlook web access using HTTPS.
    thanks for the info. sounds like a waste of time.
    Matty
    When I attempted to create an account at the http://beta.seven.com site, they required me to enter a validation code that I don't have nor know how to obtain. As a result. I could not create an account.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    You have to join Seven's beta program for it to really work. It uses Seven's server (rather then Sprint) and Seven's desktop redirector software (rather then the Sprint version.

This version also had some beta of screen-scraping outlook web access, but it didn't really work. I don't know of anyone who got it working successfully for the Outlook web access using HTTPS.
    It's working fine for me accessing my work Exchange 2000 inbox using the OWA option. I am joined to the Seven's beta program but another co-worker is not and it works fine on his 755p also. We both used to use the Sprint BC but now we use this version. Now I don't have to keep my Outlook opened and run the PCS Business Connection client program anymore on my work PC.
    Well what are you doing, that we aren't doin? What do we need to do to get it to work?
    Matty
  14.    #14  
    If you are using the Sprint BizzConn then getting the seven.prc to work should be easy. If you never have used Sprint BizzConn, then maybe the seven.prc won't work because you have to register your device. Join the seven beta program and post in there on your problems.
    Darkeye:

How does someone get the validation code to register with seven beta program?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I went through the process yesterday of trying to set this up with Lotus Notes via Personal Edition. It doesn't seem to work, I get hung up when trying to validate a username and password. I did enroll in the Seven Beta program, but it looks like the Palm client is not supported at this time. I ended up reverting back to the partially working SPCS Biz Con Client.

On another note it is encouaging to read in their forums that Seven will be coming out with "System 7" which Sprint is reportedly going to support, which should allow the 755p to connect to business e-mail like before.

So I sit here and quietly wait some more.
    AT&T iPhone, My Blog!
    I am confused.. So this program will work OTA, or will not? Some say it will, and some say it won't.....
    Matty
    I've been on Seven's beta for a few years now -- the Personal Edition works fine for me (always has). I'm running the 755p version on my Centro, with the Seven redirector running on my pc at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    I've been on Seven's beta for a few years now -- the Personal Edition works fine for me (always has). I'm running the 755p version on my Centro, with the Seven redirector running on my pc at home.
    can anyone elaborate on what the validation code that is required for setting up the account at seven's web page is and how someone obtains one? the seven prc looks to be much better than bizconn, and i have tried numerous combo's of bizconn and seven even trying to use the sprint server with seven, but I finally ended up in a endless reboot loop and have now settled for the crippled bizconn.

TIA
    yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by krock View Post
    can anyone elaborate on what the validation code that is required for setting up the account at seven's web page is and how someone obtains one? the seven prc looks to be much better than bizconn, and i have tried numerous combo's of bizconn and seven even trying to use the sprint server with seven, but I finally ended up in a endless reboot loop and have now settled for the crippled bizconn.

TIA
    You have to request an account at the Seven beta site to obtain a validation code -- good luck.

In the end, you need 3 things for it to work:
    - a Seven beta account
    - Seven's desktop redirector installed on your PC
    - Seven's 755 prc installed on your Treo/Centro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast