1.    #1  
    This may be a very stupid question.. However, my buddy as a Verizon Motorola Razr that he uses on Alltel's network. He is an Alltel customer using a Verizon phone.

So would it be possible to use a Sprint Treo 755p on Verizon's network? Without text or data issues? Or the Centro when it becomes available?

I am sick of waiting on Verizon!
    Are you wanting to activate on Verizon? If so the answer is no.

You can roam on Verizon.
    Last edited by RickMG; 09/28/2007 at 07:38 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Are you wanting to activate on Verizon? If so the answer is no.

You can roam on Verizon.

Plus $15 for data vs. $49 is a nice benefit, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    This may be a very stupid question.. However, my buddy as a Verizon Motorola Razr that he uses on Alltel's network. He is an Alltel customer using a Verizon phone.

So would it be possible to use a Sprint Treo 755p on Verizon's network? Without text or data issues? Or the Centro when it becomes available?

I am sick of waiting on Verizon!
    Comparing the Verizon / Alltel relationship to the Sprint / Verizon relationshoip is like comparing apples to oranges. Alltel is not a nationwide carrier (they only provide service in roughly 35 states) and they most likely have a partner agreement with Verizon to let their customers use Verizon service in markets where they don't have service. Sprint and Verizon, unlike Alltel, are both nationwide carriers and thus are direct competitors and would have no reason to allow a device on a competing network to get service on their network with the exception of roaming. Here's an anology to make this point more clear. BMW provides free regular maintenance for the first few years of ownership of their cars. It's like buying an Infiniti and taking your car to a BMW dealer and requesting free maintenance on your Infiniti.
    Quote Originally Posted by mets-shea View Post
    Here's an anology to make this point more clear. BMW provides free regular maintenance for the first few years of ownership of their cars. It's like buying an Infiniti and taking your car to a BMW dealer and requesting free maintenance on your Infiniti.
    I don't think it's anything like this. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Don't you think that if Verizon could activate a Sprint phone on it's network, or vise versa, that it would in a minute? They would get the monthly fees instead of their competitor. The reason the phone won't work is that they aren't compatable. Verizon and Altel's phones are compatable, but even so, when a Verizon store activated an Altel phone once for me to use as a loaner, it read 'roam' the entire time.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    actually verizon use to allow sprint esn's on their network, but sprint never allowed verizon phones on theirs... BUT I haven't heard/read about that since the early 650 days... search these forums for the term "Verizonized"

*edit* examples in this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63563
    HTC Touch Pro
  7.    #7  
    omparing the Verizon / Alltel relationship to the Sprint / Verizon relationshoip is like comparing apples to oranges. Alltel is not a nationwide carrier (they only provide service in roughly 35 states) and they most likely have a partner agreement with Verizon to let their customers use Verizon service in markets where they don't have service. Sprint and Verizon, unlike Alltel, are both nationwide carriers and thus are direct competitors and would have no reason to allow a device on a competing network to get service on their network with the exception of roaming.
    This definitely helps answer my question. I just assumed that since Verizon & Sprint were both CDMA, i could use a Sprint device with my Verizon service.

Really, the best solution would be for Verizon to come out with some new Treo's!!!!!!!