Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I saw the USB wall charger that treoCentral is now selling and it got me thinking.

Does anyone know or has anyone tried to use their USB sync & charge cable and plugged it into their iPod USB wall charger?

Will this work?
    "You can't change people, only your reaction to them"
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    yep, works great. Just about any powered USB socket will power your Treo just fine including, of course your USB 2.0 ports on any computer/laptop. The converse is also true, you can charge your iPod with most powered USB wall warts.

I have several of these puppies. If you buy a dock from Sedio you get a USB wall wart. I also got one with a sync/charge/SD cable that I use with my Tungsten T3 (very handy since it gives you a SD slot for your computer, and works well for loading that blasted MR update on your SD cards and/or backing junk up). I also have one that came with a iLuv extended Nano battery and of course the one that came with my iPod.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Excellent!! No use in buying one if what I have will work.

Thanks for the reply
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I brought in my sync cable (from palm) that came with the phone. Plugged it into the ipod brick and no go, no charge light, no charge icon.

This cable does charge the phone when it's plugged into the PC.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Actually it should only charge your phone from a computer IF you plug in the wall charger to the little port on the back of the cable. The standard Palm cable that came with the 700P does not charge it unless the power supply is plugged in. There are some other cables that you can buy that will charge it though.
    What the hack is a USB wall charger?
    Originally posted by tialoc:
    I brought in my sync cable (from palm) that came with the phone. Plugged it into the ipod brick and no go, no charge light, no charge icon.

This cable does charge the phone when it's plugged into the PC.
    The sync cable only charges if you're hooked up to a computer that has your palm software installed. You need an actual USB charge cable. I got it for .01 on Amazon.com. It cost more to ship it than to purchase it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldhege View Post
    Actually it should only charge your phone from a computer IF you plug in the wall charger to the little port on the back of the cable. The standard Palm cable that came with the 700P does not charge it unless the power supply is plugged in. There are some other cables that you can buy that will charge it though.
    I charge my unit all the time from my PC via the sync cable. I do not have it plugged into the wall at all (the Treo)
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I charge my unit all the time from my PC via the sync cable. I do not have it plugged into the wall at all (the Treo)
    Yeah, me too. I use my laptop when I'm on the road, I do not have the palm desktop software installed on there. I just plug it into the USB port and it charges. I wonder why it would be different for a wall charger.

Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany
    What the hack is a USB wall charger?
    It's a wall plug that has a USB port on it.
    tialoc:
    Yeah, me too. I use my laptop when I'm on the road, I do not have the palm desktop software installed on there. I just plug it into the USB port and it charges. I wonder why it would be different for a wall charger.
    I have the USB sync cable that came with the device from Verizon. It has an extra slot on it to plug in your power source. I can use it to charge on computers that have the software installed, but it won't charge from other PCs or if I use it with the USB wall plug.
    I have a USB sync cable that I got for .01 from Amazon, it doesn't have an additional spot for a power source. It will charge my Treo with any PC and from the USB wall plug. I don't know why, but that's the results I've gotten.