Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to get a versamail update for 755p especally since the centro has a updated version? Im curious to see the changes if any.
    gentle bump..I too have the same question.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    I'm curious as well.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I'm sure when the centro is released the versamail update will be available official or unofficially just like some of the stuff from the 755.
    4.0 offers better background operations it will download the entire email/attachment without needing to stay in VM and also adds vibrate alerts and that about it that I know of.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    hell just the vibrating alert is enough for me to want it.
    yeah...the whole truncating thing is an unnecessary step..annoying is the word for it.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    truncating?

Just set your delivery kb limit to something higher than the default 5kb. . . . .
    When in a specific VersaMail account that you have set up:
    Menu, Options, Preferences, Delivery/Incoming, Maximum Message size: xxxx

Or were you referring to something else?

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/01/2007 at 04:26 PM.
    I wish VM would display the html content, instead of providing a link. Chatteremail will, but it flunks on true Exchange compatibility.The linux Treo will have a Versamail-Chatteremail hybrid, that will do it all, but that's not going to come out for a long while.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I wish VM would display the html content, instead of providing a link. Chatteremail will, but it flunks on true Exchange compatibility.The linux Treo will have a Versamail-Chatteremail hybrid, that will do it all, but that's not going to come out for a long while.
    Why would they want to screw up a perfectly good program like chatter by adding any part of versamail? Just kidding, I'm sure they will make a chatter like program that also syncs calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. That will be nice. Sounds like you might have some inside information. So when do you think this might happen? How long is a long while in your opinion?
  10. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    What makes you say that Matty? Perhaps Palm bought Chatter to EOL it, thereby forcing more people to use VM. The fact that the Chatter project is all but abandoned seems to indicate that Palm doesn't have alot of interest in it moving forward.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    From what I have read chatter's development team was giving up on it anyways and since it was still a decent program thats why they sold it to palm. I would love to see all the capabilities of chatter with all the EAS capabilities of versamail. Add in full HTML support and you will have an awsome email program.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    What makes you say that Matty? Perhaps Palm bought Chatter to EOL it, thereby forcing more people to use VM. The fact that the Chatter project is all but abandoned seems to indicate that Palm doesn't have alot of interest in it moving forward.
    Probably the fact Marc went to work for Palm.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Whao whoa. It's on the Engadget webiste. It's the article from earlier this year, about what was the (at the time) soon to be released Linux Treo. What a joke that is. According to Engadget, it was to have Chattermail developed by the guy they bought out, with all the exchange functionality, that Versamail has. It will also use Opera Mini, instead of Blazer. So in other words, email improved Chatter, no Versamail. Browser Opera Mini, no Blazer. I don't have my computer up, and to search for the right page is too much trouble me Treo. I will post the link when I have my computer going.
    Matty
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...inux-based-os/

Actually found it quick on the Treo.
    Matty
    The VM truncating problem is an internal VM html parsing issue and has nothing to do with the length. That's why it's no annoying-you never know when it will strike.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Here is an update to the link I posted above. Man talk about timing.....
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/1...-to-investors/
    Matty
    Anyone heard anything new about the updated Versamail?

Thanks,

Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    truncating?

Just set your delivery kb limit to something higher than the default 5kb. . . . .
    When in a specific VersaMail account that you have set up:
    Menu, Options, Preferences, Delivery/Incoming, Maximum Message size: xxxx

Or were you referring to something else?

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry,

I have tweaked and twoked that file size meter many ways. VM seems to truncate things at random. I think on this forum the discussion has gone on and on about the different ways in which VM does this. I can tell you that I've set the file size limits at the user guide maximum and it still truncates messages.

Now, if there's something that works for you that I don't know off, please enlighten me sire.

cheers be onto you,
    /quote have tweaked and twoked that file size meter many ways. VM seems to truncate things at random./quote

Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    Anyone heard anything new about the updated Versamail?

Thanks,

Rick

How can I get versamail 4.0 on my 755? It doesn't seem to ever be answered in this thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast