Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As far as I know it's not available for the 755.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I think the problem is no one has posted the ROM from the centro. :-(
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    the rom for the centro is posted and the new versamail version from the centro is posted too its just that no one has been able to get it to work on the 755.
    How do we update to Versamail 4.0? I have 3.55 but would love the vibrate option...
  5. OFN
    I've updated my Sprint 755p to the latest version. It was a piece of cake.

Here's the link, visit it on your treo and download and install.

http://www.palm.com/versamail407

I used chatter for YEARS, and it's still installed, there are still a lot of features of Chatter that I much prefer, like the ability to clean out my inbox to my other Exchange folders, but frankly the battery drain was just getting bad, I carry 3 regular and 1 extended length, since the thing is in listen mode all the time, and I'm not always in a good signal area, it would EAT batteries. Versa will be my "main" email app for a while.

KP
    I updated successfully to my 680, enjoying Versa. However, I can't set it as my "Default email" in Prefs? anyone else have this problem?
    This didn't work for me. It installed and even said that the version was updated but pressing 'Get' didn't do anything and, when I tried to modify my EAS account, I got an error that there was a library missing. Luckily I did a backup with backupman right before. I am restoring now.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find 407 slower on their 755
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by OFN View Post
    I've updated my Sprint 755p to the latest version. It was a piece of cake.

Here's the link, visit it on your treo and download and install.

http://www.palm.com/versamail407

I used chatter for YEARS, and it's still installed, there are still a lot of features of Chatter that I much prefer, like the ability to clean out my inbox to my other Exchange folders, but frankly the battery drain was just getting bad, I carry 3 regular and 1 extended length, since the thing is in listen mode all the time, and I'm not always in a good signal area, it would EAT batteries. Versa will be my "main" email app for a while.

KP
    I did this and it says build 77 now. What differences should I see in my menus if it actually updated?

*edit* never mind, it still says version 4.01, not 4.07
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    4.0.1 has worked for months on my 755p. I use Chatter for Personal emails and Versamail for corporate mail via Exchange. The best feature is the sync occurrs in the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    4.0.1 has worked for months on my 755p. I use Chatter for Personal emails and Versamail for corporate mail via Exchange. The best feature is the sync occurrs in the background.
    Why is Chatter better for personal mail? I use Versamail for work EAS and my Yahoo account.

Thanks,

Rick
    Chatter works great because it stored the mail on the memory card. It supported the IMAP push before any other and it worked when Versamail was crap. Chatter has been reliable for years.

Now Versamail work great for my work. It support calendar and contact wireless sync'ing which helps.

If I used Versamail for personal mail then I would have zero internal memory left.
    Thanks for the update Godschoice, that certainly makes sense. I usually delete my personal mail from the Treo so not a big deal in my case.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12