1.    #1  
    Anyone know if the Centro's radio will be able to do EVDO RevA? It apparently is a different Radio than the 755 even though the rest of the phone has the same specs as the 755. Wouldn't be a deal killer, but it would be some gravy if it will support it.
    When that fall phone picture leaked with the touch, centro, blackberry and that other thing, touch was listed as having evdo(upgradable to rev a). It only said evdo on the centro, so I'll have to say no.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    When that fall phone picture leaked with the touch, centro, blackberry and that other thing, touch was listed as having evdo(upgradable to rev a). It only said evdo on the centro, so I'll have to say no.
    ditto - if it was, they would be touting it, no doubt!
    And it would cost more that $99.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols View Post
    Anyone know if the Centro's radio will be able to do EVDO RevA? It apparently is a different Radio than the 755 even though the rest of the phone has the same specs as the 755. Wouldn't be a deal killer, but it would be some gravy if it will support it.
    Here is an answer to your question. Centro is Rev-0. Here is a link to a Sprint Spec Sheet. Look under features.

http://www2.sprint.com/mr/cmastaticf...oFactSheet.pdf

Rich
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Well there goes my only real reason for considering an upgrade from my 700p. Form factor is nice, but I prefer the Treo keyboard and the extra .2 inches of screen real estate.
    I thought the Palm OS wasn't capable of simultaneous voice and data no matter what type of radio?
    You're correct: it isn't.

EVDO doesn't use simultaneous data/voice connections. You only get one at a time. That's why we have 3G Palm OS devices on CDMA but not on GSM.
    On the Centro with EVDO Rev 0: If I get a phone call while I'm using the data connection, will it notify me of the incoming call and let me decide if I want to accept it and stop the data - or - will it just go right to voicemail?
    right to voicemail
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden View Post
    right to voicemail
    That's wrong unless it works differently than the 700p for some reason. If I am using an evdo data connection on the 700p calls still ring through on the 1x radio. Only if you are on a 1x data connection it will go directly to voicemail.
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden View Post
    right to voicemail
    Do you have a Centro and know that? There's no way of knowing until someone gets a true hands on and attempts to call it. The 700wx would interrupt your connection, I'm assuming the 700p would also.

The only phone that had problems with phone calls during EVDO was the Q - that would go straight to VM.
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    On the Centro with EVDO Rev 0: If I get a phone call while I'm using the data connection, will it notify me of the incoming call and let me decide if I want to accept it and stop the data - or - will it just go right to voicemail?
    This is from the Centro spec sheet:

Data Transfer Mode (DTM): Set in the default position allowing users in an active data session to be notified of incoming voice calls, rather than having having them go automatically to voicemail. Data session is suspended when incoming calls are picked up.
    Inichols: Thanks. That seems about as clear as it can get. Where did you find the Centro spec sheet? Can you post a link to it?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    Inichols: Thanks. That seems about as clear as it can get. Where did you find the Centro spec sheet? Can you post a link to it?
    Go to the link in post 5 of this thread. That is the one I referenced for the information.
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols View Post
    Go to the link in post 5 of this thread. That is the one I referenced for the information.
    I guess I didn't read it very closely the first time. Thanks again.

I wonder what it means by "Set in the default position". Is there a user definable setting for that? Sorry if these are stupid questions. I've always had GSM Treos (180, 600, 650, 680). This may be obvious to CDMA users.
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10 View Post
    That's wrong unless it works differently than the 700p for some reason. If I am using an evdo data connection on the 700p calls still ring through on the 1x radio. Only if you are on a 1x data connection it will go directly to voicemail.
    sorry. i'm not in a evdo area most of the time and just assumed since my 755P calls all go to voice mail when i'm using data it would be the same. bad assumption. shouldn't have jumped in.