1.    #1  
    can someone with the verizon 1.06 rom version post the tonelib files (TonesLibraryLib.prc.prc, TonesLibraryLib.prc_enUS.prc, TonesLibraryLib_VRZW.prc) as mentioned in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=145262

It appears that the DTMF tone issue was solved for Sprint users by installing the older toneslib files. I tested the Sprint versions with the old 1.10 MR, but it crashed my 700p.

Please post the files if you have them!
    Check your PMs. I already sent you something about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Check your PMs. I already sent you something about this.
    Hey what about the rest of us?
    Sprint toneslib files does NOT fix the DTMF bug. It fixes the alerts ramp-up bug only. Setting system sounds off fixes the DTMF bug, but not always. Hope this is clear.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I'm looking for the VRZW files as well. I was getting ready to install the files attached to that other thread, until I realized they were SPCS-specific.

TIA
  6.    #6  
    I got ahold of the VZW specific toneslib files and it did NOT fix the alerts ramp-up bug. In fact, I think they caused a crash, but it was about 5 mos. ago, so my memory may be faded :-)
    Well now that sux. So what are you doing now - just trying to overlook the fact that you can't hear the first 500 ms of anything??
  8.    #8  
    yep, that's all I can do. I'm hoping the Centro comes out soon since my new-every-2 comes kicks in sometime in April.
    Well it doesn't appear that the Centro is the equivalent of either the 700p or 755p.

The stupid thing is that the 680 on ATT has the same problem. I just setup someone with a new 680, first thing I did was apply the latest ROM update. Same exact audio ramp-up problem. Palm really needs to get off their **** and release a fix for this, for ALL their handset/carrier variants.

(hopefully they could just release a prc that patches those 2-3 files - having to go through the whole long-winded ROM update thing with the nail-biting requirement of blowing off all your programs and data and restoring them afterwards, is not a trivial matter.)