1.    #1  
    Found this by accident and wasn't able to find a reference to it in the manual.
    If composing a message, press and hold the Option key and press "." (period), this will bring up a box with smileys to choose from. The smiley will be inputted as text into the email.
    Sorry if this was already known, I had never seen it before.
    Using version 3.0.8
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Nice find. It's always been possible to insert smileys from the pop up. I always wondered how to do it from within the app.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Actually, that is a "leftover" from Chatter's IM days.... I didn't even realize that it was still there.
    Pretty slick. Nice find and thanks!
    Good find Nacho!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Nice find!
    There's a thread on this (buried in an old Chatter release announcement): http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...=11#post427254

The only additional information in that thread is that the popup includes 20 icons instead of the usual 16; it adds the 4 "hidden" smilies (straight-face, yin-yang, big-tongue, cigar) that are not displayed in other apps.
  8.    #8  
    Wow, that is old.. 3 years old.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers