Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    me too, amongst other things. why couldn't they get to this form factor before they got to the 680?

silly Palm....could have helped themselves as opposed to hurt. now they give you the same product in both a large and less large version.

silly management.....did you not listen to your own users?
    No, they listened to their customers...
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    yes, finally they did, but should have done so many years ago.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    I believe this phone will be a hit..I know several teens who have hand me down treos from their parents just to text and dont use anything else other than the phone app.

I might be alone but I love my POS...because for what I do it works. I dont need the cute homescreens and "multi tasking"
    I still love the POS for its simplicity and being the most easy to use PDA on the market with the most 3rd party support. I couldn't even get a free world clock on the BB. I'm an intense pda user. I don't need to watch my slingbox while downloading the latest podcast as I flip through emails. I need a great pda and very good phone in the smallest package possible that's still easy to use. The so called "power" users need to get a grip as Palm isn't in business to just make them happy. They need to realize that they've got what they got till the next round. Yes the Centro should have been around a generation or so ago, but at least it's here. What the hell else would we have to talk about for the next year besides drool, b*tch and speculate about the linux treo if the Centro didn't come out?
    Last edited by crogs571; 10/08/2007 at 02:19 AM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    what's a "power user" again?

wait, please don't remind me.....

i completely agree with u Crogs....like i've said so many times before, the pda/smartphone world is made up of more regular users than not. only here at TreoCentral do some think otherwise.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo View Post
    Are you serious?

-Well I have been using my Treo to remote access my home and office computers for the past 4+ years.
    -I also access FTP sites.
    -I just learned you can access Torrents but I haven't tried yet.
    -Creating, editing, and viewing office docs along with pdf files is pretty great.
    -Using your phone as a usb flash drive comes in handy.
    -I just got into viewing full youtube video (my phone is WM5, I don't know if POS can do this but it can and will be created).
    -I can view most websites with my totally inept PIE.
    -Fast push email is by far my favorite feature.
    -Viewing and forwarding/sending faxes.
    -Printing email and docs.
    -More and more phones do IM now but the last time I checked the iPhone doesn't.
    -Google maps and live search are very nifty.
    -Adding a bluetooth GPS gets rid of yet another device you would have to buy. This is a extremely useful, simple, and powerful.
    -Quick weather for different states/cities/countries.
    -Quick world time.
    -Using you phone as a modem for your laptop.
    -Listening to internet radio.
    -Listening to the gigs of music you already own.
    -Watching pre-downloaded movies and tv shows.
    -Watching SprintTv channels (I wouldn't but you can).
    -Watching Slingbox.
    -All of these multimedia options eliminates the need for an iPod.
    -Powerful call filter features.
    -Great calculator apps to get rid of another device to carry.
    -Great games.
    -I recently learned about a couple of free student apps that kids swear by to help keep them on track in school.
    -Push contacts, calendar, and tasks.
    -Threaded SMS.
    -Some people use their Treos to compose quick pieces of music if something comes to them in the spur of the moment.
    -Some use it to program software on the go.
    -Some use it to create/update websites on the go.
    -Network administration on the go.

I can keep going if you would like me to. There are only a few phones that can do all of this and this will be the smallest one of them all (remember it still has a touchscreen). It will definitely be the cheapest. I don't believe the standard EVDO is $25/month (I believe that includes some TV or something). In any event everyone will negotiate/luck up on different plans. There are bound to be some people swinging some great deals. Plus this phone will be free with a contract in a couple of months.

So what's your big gripe? No wifi? So what. Palm should skip wifi and race to WiMax. Wifi is far to limited and hardly ever free or cheap.

Now you tell me what this outdated POS can't do that so many other phones can do.
    thats all great and I agree but....if the battery won't last even half a day, thats the deal breaker for me

The BB Pearl is much smaller than the Treo 680 and it lasts all day long with constant emails, IM's, Phone, etc
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    It still doesn't compare as a PDA. If you're a heavy into scheduling and contacts and all the extras the third party PIM's provide, the BB simply doesn't cut it. And no matter how proficient you get with the keypad and d-pad, the full qwerty and touchscreen make typing and editing that much easier. You can hold your breath for Agendus, but it's still not reality. I'd take the Curve over the Pearl any day too. But if I'm going to sacrifice certain things, I'd rather have the 8830. At least I can get the built in gps and the nicer trackball (well I liked it) & keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    thats all great and I agree but....if the battery won't last even half a day, thats the deal breaker for me

The BB Pearl is much smaller than the Treo 680 and it lasts all day long with constant emails, IM's, Phone, etc
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post

The battery on my 750 lasts all day with constant emails, text msgs, phone, calendar check, internet usage and so forth. I charge it every other day.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    What kind of "call filter" options are you referring to, and can you be specific? Will there be a need for CallFilter anymore? I can't live without this app - it allows me to use my phone for what I want, when I want.... I love it.

Thanks,
    Bek

Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo View Post
    Are you serious?

-Well I have been using my Treo to remote access my home and office computers for the past 4+ years.
    -I also access FTP sites.
    -I just learned you can access Torrents but I haven't tried yet.
    -Creating, editing, and viewing office docs along with pdf files is pretty great.
    -Using your phone as a usb flash drive comes in handy.
    -I just got into viewing full youtube video (my phone is WM5, I don't know if POS can do this but it can and will be created).
    -I can view most websites with my totally inept PIE.
    -Fast push email is by far my favorite feature.
    -Viewing and forwarding/sending faxes.
    -Printing email and docs.
    -More and more phones do IM now but the last time I checked the iPhone doesn't.
    -Google maps and live search are very nifty.
    -Adding a bluetooth GPS gets rid of yet another device you would have to buy. This is a extremely useful, simple, and powerful.
    -Quick weather for different states/cities/countries.
    -Quick world time.
    -Using you phone as a modem for your laptop.
    -Listening to internet radio.
    -Listening to the gigs of music you already own.
    -Watching pre-downloaded movies and tv shows.
    -Watching SprintTv channels (I wouldn't but you can).
    -Watching Slingbox.
    -All of these multimedia options eliminates the need for an iPod.
    -Powerful call filter features.
    -Great calculator apps to get rid of another device to carry.
    -Great games.
    -I recently learned about a couple of free student apps that kids swear by to help keep them on track in school.
    -Push contacts, calendar, and tasks.
    -Threaded SMS.
    -Some people use their Treos to compose quick pieces of music if something comes to them in the spur of the moment.
    -Some use it to program software on the go.
    -Some use it to create/update websites on the go.
    -Network administration on the go.

I can keep going if you would like me to. There are only a few phones that can do all of this and this will be the smallest one of them all (remember it still has a touchscreen). It will definitely be the cheapest. I don't believe the standard EVDO is $25/month (I believe that includes some TV or something). In any event everyone will negotiate/luck up on different plans. There are bound to be some people swinging some great deals. Plus this phone will be free with a contract in a couple of months.

So what's your big gripe? No wifi? So what. Palm should skip wifi and race to WiMax. Wifi is far to limited and hardly ever free or cheap.

Now you tell me what this outdated POS can't do that so many other phones can do.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  10.    #50  
    Yep. I was referring to 3rd party call filter apps. On my 700w I use MagiCall which is awesome. I used to use CallFilter on my 600 back in the day...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123