Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I'm just curious - why is it that every time Palm introduces a new product (not often enough) they always use Sprint. I'm a Verizon customer and we're still waiting on the 755P.

I know what Verizon says: "We put the product through tougher testing" - but that's bogus, right?
  2. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DadMan View Post
    I'm just curious - why is it that every time Palm introduces a new product (not often enough) they always use Sprint. I'm a Verizon customer and we're still waiting on the 755P.

I know what Verizon says: "We put the product through tougher testing" - but that's bogus, right?
    Verizon is pathetic when it comes to new hardware, simply pathetic. There is absolutely no reason the 755P shouldn't be in their stores right now. That whole "Testing" excuse that we keep hearing about Verizon is stupid. Other networks get new models out quickly and these models by in large work just fine. The fact that the Centro was release and Verizon is still offering the 700P is cementing my decision to dump Verizon and go with Sprint.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I'm in total agreement. I've still got 10 months, but when it comes, I'm changing providers.

Why doesn't Verizon listen to so many people wanting new phones?
    You are on Verizon, you already know you don't get hot new phones. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
    If you want hot new phones, I have always maintained that sprint is tops (including non smartphones).
    If you want a better network IMHO, then you stay with verizon. I choose a more reliable network with better CS than switching because of phone options. Again, its just my opinion.
    Well, Sprint has a 90 day exculsivity once this finally hit stores. Like the 700w, this would put a second carrier getting this as to being right after the holiday shopping season is done.

VZW is a bit harsh/meticulous (sp?) with testing. It usually takes them longer, and there are several carrier customizations with this that most likely have to be repeated with VZW.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I'm glad verizon test their phones longer so when it comes out it's less problems for me, I had to return 7 700p and now they offered me a free phone. I wish they had more content on there phones like sprint but sprint service is so bad there is no way I'll switch.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Where's cingular/ATT?
    man..VZ is soooo meticulous...treo 700p update anyone?

Look, I don't *blank*ride sprint, but...they have always had the hottest phones their CS is actually improving (I know, hard to believe) and once their nextel side gets brought over fully into the fold, I'd be scurred if I was VZ.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    If you have the 755p and get the damn annoying touchtone beep even with the sound switch off, maybe you'd understand why Verizon hasn't approved it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    If you want a better network IMHO, then you stay with verizon.
    When it comes to the network for data plans, it is *very* debatable that VZW is the network of choice. Sprint is far cheaper for data, real world bandwidths are generally higher and it is less shackled by nonsense like limits on "unlimited" and TOS restrictions on streaming media, etc.

As far as "where's Verizon", I'd imagine that some on Verizon are focusing on the Samsung i760 right now... which would you rather have ? (honest question, the i760 is certainly innovative in the real sense of the word...), and they have the Q9m, so I wouldn't gloat too much of Sprint's phone lineup over VZW's...