1.    #1  
    When I first got my Treo, I was able to set up the Blue tooth hotsynch with my laptop. A few weeks ago, I had to rebuild my profile on the laptop and now I can't get the BT to synch.

I've spent several hours to no avail. I'm not sure how to proceed at this point.

I reinstalled the Palm Desktop software. I have also double checked the port setting. I created a new COM port and made sure it was set up on the hot synch settings.

Do you all do device discovery from the laptop or the Palm? When I select Hot Synch on the Palm, the BT icon on the computer turns green indicating that I believe there is a connection being made but no synching occurs.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated? I'm trying to synch with a Dell Latitude D520 laptop.

Thanks ,
    Rick
    Last edited by C5Longhorn; 09/28/2007 at 07:44 AM. Reason: added info
    Not sure if it will help or not, but make sure the BT COM port is selected in the HotSync->Setup->Local tab Serial port option.

I think the HotSync app only monitors the COM port specified there. I always have to set it before a BT hotsync since by BT is on COM4 but the default is COM1.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    I have a dell laptop as well and have to reselect the com port to COM4 after it comes out of standby/hibernate.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply. What does your COM port say in computer settings? I have two choices when i set up a COM port. The choices are:

Create a bluetooth virtual COM port for a client.

Create a bluetooth virtual COM port for a server.

One thing I noticed is that if I try to pair from the laptop, it tries to set up the Bluetooth connection to the Treo as a modem.
    I've got a Belkin BT adapter so I probably have different drivers/settings since I don't have those options. I'd guess you want the client service.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the response. Did you pair from the laptop or from the Treo?

Rick
    It's been a long time and wasn't straightforward to set up, but I believe it was from the laptop searching for the Treo. Remember though I'm using a Belkin aftermarket BT USB adapter with it's own set of drivers, so my experience may or may not be relevant.

Your modem comment makes me wonder if you should turn off the dialup networking service (or at least uncheck any "automatically run at startup" option). Irregardless of what other services the laptop BT stack supports, I think the only thing the Treo will use for syncing is BT serial port.
  8.    #8  
    I really appreciate your help on this. I will see if I have that option. I do agree when it was working, I had a connection established through the laptop, but don't remember having to deal with the dial up modem issue.
  9.    #9  
    Well, its working now. I have to give credit to Syphex on this board. He assisted me and figured it out. It did turn out to be a COM port. Apparently the laptop BT Software is sort of finicky. It would accept some ports and reject others, even if they were the same type of port.
    Good to hear it. Just in case I run into that sometime, which ports are finicky?
  11.    #11  
    Tom,

I was creating ports and trying to use them. I created one and assigned it to 40 and it wouldn't work.

In the end, Port 4 is what I'm using.
    Ok - thanks for the update. I've always been using COM4, so that's why I've never seen the problem.
  13.    #13  
    Live and Learn. I will not forget this anytime soon.