1.    #1  
    I think everyone will be disappointed with the battery life of the Centro compared to the Treos in the past. I was a bit disappointed when I upgraded from the 700 to 755. Although, I do have push email throughout the day, so that may be the reason. One day when I was low on battery, I turned off the push email, and battery life lasted me an additional 12 hours on standby, which was pretty impressive. One thing I love about the Treos in general is their battery life. The only thing that came near it can be the mogul at this point, but I hate the windows OS. What's everyone's take on the smaller battery?
    As long as it is long enough to last me the whole day i think its fine. i charge mine everyday
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    They said they built the phone from the ground up...maybe the new hardware is battery friendly.
    will never last the entire day under "heavy" use. can you say 680?

oh well
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
  5. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    will never last the entire day under "heavy" use. can you say 680?

oh well
    Nope, it sure won't especially if one decides to run Chatter. I'd say 6 hrs tops with Chatter or heavy data use. Let's hope the aftermarket battery guys step up and improve this.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    Nope, it sure won't especially if one decides to run Chatter. I'd say 6 hrs tops with Chatter or heavy data use. Let's hope the aftermarket battery guys step up and improve this.
    [With a 680....] I get about 18 hours. Chattermail with 6 folders, up to 100 emails per day. Never had a problem with a regular working day, plus commute.

I suspect signal strength is a factor. In London, you can practically charge the battery from the signal
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    unfortunately data transmission is of the utmost importance for me. throw Goodlink on that little guy and it won't last but the morning hours. ugh.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    This is odd.

755p:
    Up to 4.2 hours talk time or up to 240 hours standby time

Centro:
    up to 3.5 hours talk time or 300 hours standby time

So you are giving up 42 minutes in talk time, but gaining 60 hours in standy. Is the different Radio much more efficient than 755's in standy. Would be great to see what the Centro could do if it had the same battery capacity as the 755p did.
    GSM/EDGE has been tweaked to high heaven for power performance. Witness the Dash with its ultra long lasting 960mah battery.

The specs list the Centro at 1150mah, but I owned the Moto Q with its 1130mah battery on EvDO. The battery life was horrible, I had to charge it during the day at my desk at work unless I went with the bulky extended.

I would never own a Centro, but I *am* waiting for the 800w, and this worries me.
    would it have to do with the code division part of CDMA? J

ust a question there, somehow I feel like the radio has to do calculations and process algorithms and stuff...correct me please If I'm wrong in my logic
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3