Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Please don't make me read through all those posts!

Does the Verizon MR rerelease fix the Bluetooth connection/disconnection problems.

I've never had the other errors, and don't want to try the update unless it'll allow me trust my bluetooth headset again.

Thanks.
    All will believe in Him! The question is when!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    The original 1.10 MR fixed *my* Bluetooth problems. I haven't tried the underscore MR, because I don't use a data connection so I didn't see a need to risk it.
    Forensic Scientist

Bluetooth is a bit better, but still not usable.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I have to agree. I seem to have the same number of dis-connects and re-connects that I have always had with the 700P. No bluetooth improvement for me.
    for me it was 50/50....i have 2 headsets(jabra BT8010&apple iphone bt headset).Both used to disconnect frequently.After the new MR my iphone headset still disconnects,but the jabra BT8010 works perfectly and hasn't disconnected once in the past week since I did the upgrade.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Bluetooth is a bit better, but still not usable.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    I have to agree. I seem to have the same number of dis-connects and re-connects that I have always had with the 700P. No bluetooth improvement for me.
    Just a thought....

While I understand that you are speaking about your own personal experiences, general statements like "BT is not usable" don't really serve any purpose, IMHO. For example, I've had no connection/disconnection problems with either my Jabra JX-10 or my Kenwood carkit before or after the MR. The MR fixed the Caller ID bug on many carkits, and I use both extensively every day with complete success. So from my perspective you couldn't be any more wrong, but it wouldn't have helped the OP if I had just answered him "BT works perfectly." Perhaps you guys could be more specific with types of BT components you are using and the problems you are having.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I've used been using the Motorola H700C with the MR and it's been VERY stable! Actually, I don't think I've lost a call yet since getting the MR. I agree with dcpmark - what BT components are you using? I used the H700C because of the good reviews and recommendations I got for it on this form and other places (and the fact that it was tested by Palm).
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    Just a thought....

While I understand that you are speaking about your own personal experiences, general statements like "BT is not usable" don't really serve any purpose, IMHO. For example, I've had no connection/disconnection problems with either my Jabra JX-10 or my Kenwood carkit before or after the MR. The MR fixed the Caller ID bug on many carkits, and I use both extensively every day with complete success. So from my perspective you couldn't be any more wrong, but it wouldn't have helped the OP if I had just answered him "BT works perfectly." Perhaps you guys could be more specific with types of BT components you are using and the problems you are having.
    Connecting and disconnecting while not on a call

Jawbone and Plantronics 665
    Last edited by wbwjr; 09/28/2007 at 07:24 PM. Reason: connecting and disconnecting while not on a call
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    My Motorola H3 headset would fail to carry sound after within 2 hours of disconnecting from power (not continuous use).
    I exchanged it for a Motorola H500 and upgraded to the new MR.
    I received the headset the same day I upgraded.
    The headset is now extremely reliable and stable.
    Not sure if it was the headset or the upgrade, but after 9 months of unreliable BT, my 700p is now stable.
    I have a 700wx with Sprint and have frequent disconnects with plantronics and less with Motorola Razorwires and H700. I feel this is software reaction to low signal or low memory issue with disconnects. This is what I have observed. Sprint store told me to try Samsung wep200 for less disconnects. I will post if this headset is any better.
    Report on Samsung WEP200 with Sprint 700wx is good. No disconnects for past 2days and callers on other side say I am clearer and louder than with other headsets. Dont like the way it fits in ear as hard to get tight fit although read that one user used a Jabra ear piece and worked good so I may try that.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Just out of curiosity, do you know what version of the H700 you where using? Look at the headset's model - should say H700A H700b, or H700C. I know the A and B version where known to have problems...
    It just says H700 without any letter following the model