Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Not sure, but as a general rule, i usually create a new rule with the latest version and have them install the latest version (from the get go), rather than upgrade.

BTW, 4.9.3.21 is not (officially) supported on the 755p. The earliest version that it was supported on, was 4.9.3.34
    thanks. really wanted to try the upgrade. we actually have not had any issues with 4.9.3.21 on the 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    It was a maintenance release, so I don't think there were release notes on release.
    My company is running Good version 4.9.2.30. Does this maintenance release have the fix to keep Good from taking over the hard buttons?

I am not sure if or when we will upgrade to 5.x. So if I go with the latest company supported version then I want to make sure my buttons will no be reassigned.
    Last edited by swieder; 11/09/2007 at 12:53 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    As you have all noticed I have been silent on 5.0 while waiting for it to get through internal QA. We just got final word that our internal users will not be upgrading to 5.0 (even though we are a GMM reseller...go figure). Too many bugs and performance issues across all of the different Windows Mobile devices we use. And as far as it being compatible with WM6, ha, jokes on us. There are a few handsets that seem to work very well with GMM 5.0. So, for some of you one-off users or those whose fleets are limited to one device, I don't doubt that you may be having a great run with 5.0. But there is no one that either tests or supports 5.0 across 6+ devices that will come on here and tell you that 5.0 is much better than any other release. So now we sit here with 4.9 bugs that we hoped would be corrected in 5.0. And without doubt some were...but at the expense of new bugs and a HUGE hit to performance. And we will once again play the waiting game where Good puts out maintenance releases every few months and we test and retest. Unfortunately this is the same old circus with a new owner.

Oh, and hopefully someone fired the goof who thought default RSS feeds were a good idea on a device that hogs 4 to 20 times more memory than every other software on the market. Great decision...don't fix the core issues but add a feature that has nothing to do with the core functionality that got you to this point in market share. Absolutely mind-boggling.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    curious-

which WM6 devices did you guys try?

I'm getting sick of palm OS and looking to move to WM- so I'm wondering if any of them worked alright?
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    curious-

which WM6 devices did you guys try?

I'm getting sick of palm OS and looking to move to WM- so I'm wondering if any of them worked alright?
    had no issues thus far with HTC Mogul
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    thanks- that's one I was looking at maybe getting when it shows up on verizon. (supposedly shortly)
    My Good account should be provisioned this week. My company is running Good version 4.9.2.30. Does this maintenance release have the fix to keep Good from taking over the hard buttons?

I am not sure if or when we will upgrade to 5.x. So if I go with the latest company supported version then I want to make sure my buttons will no be reassigned.

GoodGuy - can you give my an answer this week?
  9.    #69  
    It does take over the buttons, but you can reassign them and they reassignments will stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    It does take over the buttons, but you can reassign them and they reassignments will stick.
    Is that the way it is handled in the latest/last 4.9.x release?
  11.    #71  
    yes
    Anyone noticed that Good stops / closes other applications running in the background when it locks the phone after preset time? Before it locks, other applications can run without problems in the backgroud but it locks, the applications are close and only Good running
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234