Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    I would not try to install the client as my guess is won't work since it will look to your server and the server will not be configured to support the new version of the client.
    I tried it prior to reading this thread (Treo 680 ATT 1.09), and on opening OTA setup, the device does a soft reset.

So yeah, wait until the server is upgraded
    That was fixed in a maintenance release of 4.9, so, yes, you can reassign buttons.
    Is there a release note someone that I can read to see how this has been implemented?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Is there a release note someone that I can read to see how this has been implemented?
    It was a maintenance release, so I don't think there were release notes on release.
    It was a maintenance release, so I don't think there were release notes on release.
    Is there any documentation that shows how the button assignments are set-up? I don't use hard button for any Good features or functions and want to make sure that this will continue to be the case after Good is installed.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    YIKES! I rolled it out to my customers on monday and I already have complaints of it being slow. I noticed it at first, but got it to go away mostly by turning off the rss feeds... I also noticed that SOMETHING was draining the heck out of my battery, and I think it was the Good Defense stuff - b/c it seemed to stop when turned off the secure storage and password options.

One of my customers has already complained about the speed to the point that I just spent an hour hard-resetting his phone, restoring his settings and putting him in his own group so he can get 4.9.x... and I can tell a MAJOR difference... 3-second lag switching between telephone and email (5.0.0.68) down to a 1-second lag (4.9.3.34). oh - and feeds were disabled, and I hadn't enabled any of the good defense stuff on his.

Carrier = Sprint Mine is a 700p, his is a 755p.
    5.0 was just pushed to me today and it will not start.
    My phone (Treo 750) is extremely slow and the Good "starting up" screen continues to hang.
    If I go straight to the e-mail or calendar launcher, nothing happens.

Also, my e-mail button has been taken over by Outlook.
    Can someone help? I am completely without access to my emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    My phone (Treo 750) is extremely slow and the Good "starting up" screen continues to hang.

Same thing happened on my 700P. Ended up with a hard reset being the only way to get past the problem....
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post

Had a similary issue the first time I tried to install. It took a long time and I finally did a soft reset. I just had it pushed out to me again and reinstalled it on top of 4.9.3.21 and it went fine. Very slow but fine. Make sure you are not connected to active sync during the install--that makes it worse.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Ok thanks-after a few hours, it went through.
    What are the stars for unread e-mails?
    Also, what is the messaging program for?
    Stars are based on some set up preference that you can only enable if something is turned on on the server side and the server is running 5.0. There should be something in your emal preferences but I don't have it on mine yet because server is not running 5.0. In theory it could star emails from specific senders, etc.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    The majority of my emails just come through with stars. I didn't set anything.
    Same with mine and I have not set anything either. I believe once the feature is enabled on your server you should be able to then set something on your device--right now as far as I can tell it is either random or based on some default setting.
    Not sure if it's the same on WM devices but on POS devices you set this by going to Options->Priority Mail options from the mail client.

This is not something that has to be enabled via policy.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Gregg is correct. Make sure you are not in the preferences screen when you change the settings as I was. You need to be in the email view.
    Love the RSS feeds and the updated support for Q's and some other devices I use.

Here are the issues I have been getting on all these firmware versions -

All Verizon Treo 700p
    1 - Palm Firmware 1.06
    2 - Palm Firmware - 1.10
    3 - 5 x Palm Firmware -_1.10 - These have only had to get re-installs.

Random Reboot. Just reboots for no reason and you have to click back on your good to start receiving mail again (real pain if you did not know it rebooted).

After it's been up a while, when you click on the email button, you just get a white screen and no good. You have to pop the battery or reset before it will come up.

I can depend on these 2 problems every day so far. Of the 7 phones i have installed on, I have had to re-install it on 3 after GM 5 would just stop coming up. Full hard reset and reinstall.

All the ver.1-_.10 phones were wiped before initial install of GM5.

Happy Tuesday!
  16.    #56  
    I have a 700P with 1.10 and have not had that issue. Anyone else?
    Here is a video I took this morning of what happens to some of our 700p's. This treo 700P is only 2 months old, has had 1.10 and the 1.10_-vzw update and this problem occurred on both after Good 5. It never had an issue with 4.9.x.

I sent an email about 10 minutes before and it was working, then this happens - I have let it sit like this for 20 mins and no change. Any Good program you click on gives the same screen and I have wiped, reinstalled, and recreated my good account a few times already.

http://ebay.rootbull.com/good5/Treo700p_gm5.wmv
    Ditto for me on the white screen. I just re-acquired a Sprint 700p and upgraded the ROM to 1.10. Three days later and any attempt to start Good results in a white screen.
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    Quote Originally Posted by cahsdad View Post
    Ditto for me on the white screen. I just re-acquired a Sprint 700p and upgraded the ROM to 1.10. Three days later and any attempt to start Good results in a white screen.
    WSOD -- yep seen it on several 700p and 755p PalmOS Treo devices. Memory and third party application conflicts have been ruled out but .67 and .68 are much better than early beta 5.0 clients. I am certain Good will resolve it in the upcoming MR.
    We upgraded server to GMM 5.0 Friday. Installed new handheld version on HTC Mogul with no issues. Yesterday I installed 4.9.3.21 (default group policy) on 2 new 755p treos so I could then test pushing out 5.0 via custom software settings. Handhelds appear to be ok. They say they are running ver 5.0.0.67. In console however, on details of user it says they are still running handheld version 4.9.3.21 and in distribute software for the users it is red and says waiting on client. I am hesitant to hand out the phones in case something is not correct. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    -P
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast