Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Darthkim and GoodGuy. I think I will hold off unless the this goes on for more than a couple of weeks then I might give it a try.

I just hate to uninstall a newer version and go backwards-I have had trouble getting GMM uninstalled and then reinstalled in the past, it seems like it is tough to remove everthing for me and I woud like to avoid a hard reset.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    When you ask a simple question without the editorial, I will provide you with a simple answer. Sure, you have the right to complain, however, I refer back to my post where you were offered to have input on the product by being on the beta program. You, one of the biggest, loudest critics here, had a chance to have DIRECT input. You could have had the product months ago and had the fixes and functionality you want, but instead, you prefer to stay on your pedestal of all that is bad with Good.
    hahahahah awesome
    ---------------------------------------------------
    AT&T user with
    Treo 650
    Treo 680
    Treo 750 WM6
    BB Pearl
    BB 8310
    BB 8820
    Good Mobile Messaging Admin
    ver. 4.9 and 5.0 with 1535 users
    BES Admin
    ver. 4.1.4 with 1457 users
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Sorry for my ignorance- I donít really understand the server and carrier interaction. Iím just an end user and know that good works good for me so I like it but I DO want to get attachment support ASAP- so Iím wanting to get 5.0.

Weíre just a small company so we use hosted GMM

Do the above posts at the good website with the files to download mean that 5.0 is done and I should start harassing my hosted provider for an ETA?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance- I donít really understand the server and carrier interaction. Iím just an end user and know that good works good for me so I like it but I DO want to get attachment support ASAP- so Iím wanting to get 5.0.

Weíre just a small company so we use hosted GMM

Do the above posts at the good website with the files to download mean that 5.0 is done and I should start harassing my hosted provider for an ETA?
    Your host will have to update their GMM server to take advantage of the additional features of the client.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Dear Motorola Good Technology Group Customer:

I just got this.........

We are excited to let you know about the release of Good Mobile Messaging 5.0, an upgrade to your existing Good Mobile Messaging client and server software. Good 5.0 is now available for download at www.good.com/download. Some of the new Good 5.0 features include:

........ so we have a few days I would guess before the moaning starts for 6.0 !!!
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post

........ so we have a few days I would guess before the moaning starts for 6.0 !!!
    Exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    From the Product Manager of GMM 5.0:

"Release of GMM 5.0 is imminent. Final carrier certifications are underway and expected to be complete in the next two weeks. Formal communications on the release of GMM 5.0 will be available as soon as carrier acceptance completes"

Unfortunately, that is all the information I can provide. The release candidate of GMM is solid and I have been running it for about a week now on both a 700P and 700WX and have seen no issues.
    I upgraded a few minutes ago. Some light complaints about it being a little slower from Treo 700p users, but no functionality complaints at this time.

I did get a thumbs-up re: the RSS Reader.

-jd
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I can definately notice the slowness when clicking on the mail button, etc. It is about a 3 second delay....
    Quote Originally Posted by mstorman View Post
    I can definately notice the slowness when clicking on the mail button, etc. It is about a 3 second delay....
    Anybody have any experience with a 750?
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Hey guys,

I noticed a delay when the device started syncing the 1st time around...
    but after that... it seem to run fine..

One thing i did turn off, is the GMM dialer. I didn't seem to get any added benefits and it takes up more resources (me-thinks). To turn it off, go to Good Preferences, select phone, then check the "use system Dialer"

Also, when mentioning issues, please list the device, carrier, and firmware (if possible).
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I am using the 700p on VZW. I only notice the slowdown, when i am at the PalmOS dialer screen then access any of the Good screens, ie, Email, Calendar, etc.

There is no lag whatsoever, if I stay within the confines of GMM. Also, Darthkim, I am assuming you are using GMM on windows mobile, because i was unable to find the "use system dialer" checkbox.

Thanks
    Matthew
    My admin just pushed it out to me. Looks very cool. RSS reader is nice. Seems to be a little slower to respond, I feel bad for those who like to keep a lot of apps going. Slower to start up and sync up. It shows a question mark next to the email icon for a while then populates with a number a while later.

I now get a message that says you have an sd card with photos do you want to view when I soft reset my device and after the first reset during the initial install.

Anbody tried to attach a file yet? I don't see how to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mstorman View Post
    I am using the 700p on VZW. I only notice the slowdown, when i am at the PalmOS dialer screen then access any of the Good screens, ie, Email, Calendar, etc.

There is no lag whatsoever, if I stay within the confines of GMM. Also, Darthkim, I am assuming you are using GMM on windows mobile, because i was unable to find the "use system dialer" checkbox.

Thanks
    Matthew
    Yep, thats correct. 700w here.

Have you upgraded to the latest VZW 700p firmware?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...e/verizon.html

I'll try it out on a 700p tomorrow and report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post

Anbody tried to attach a file yet? I don't see how to do it?
    This also is a admin side option. If they just upgraded the server and client to 5.0 without turning on some of the features, it might not be working.

to upload attachment, compose a new message and click on the right soft key, then attach (i think thats where it is... )
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthkim View Post
    This also is a admin side option. If they just upgraded the server and client to 5.0 without turning on some of the features, it might not be working.

to upload attachment, compose a new message and click on the right soft key, then attach (i think thats where it is... )
    That is what I thought. My Good admin said he pushed out the software to me prior to them upgrading the server. I guess once they do that option will show up. Right now it is not in the menu list.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    That is what I thought. My Good admin said he pushed out the software to me prior to them upgrading the server. I guess once they do that option will show up. Right now it is not in the menu list.

Thanks
    That's odd, because my experience has been, that you won't even SEE the new version in the console, unless you specifically upgrade the server.

So if they had the 4.9.3 server, the only version they would see is 4.9.3.37.

But I haven't checked before i upgraded.

In case they are looking, it should be the same tab as the one where you set the download limits for attachments. They should now see another option for setting limits for uploading attachments.
    Does version 5.0 let you keep Good from taking over all the hard buttons? I really hated that "feature" in ver 4.9 causing me to downgrade to ver 4.8.

I am ready to upgrade to v5 as long as I can keep my button settings.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Does version 5.0 let you keep Good from taking over all the hard buttons? I really hated that "feature" in ver 4.9 causing me to downgrade to ver 4.8.

I am ready to upgrade to v5 as long as I can keep my button settings.
    That was fixed in a maintenance release of 4.9, so, yes, you can reassign buttons.
  19. WDW
    My 4.9 GMM takes up approx 7 MB RAM when running and 18 MB of storage for the app files. Can anyone running 5.0 tell me what the storage and RAM figures are?
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    Version: TREO750-2.25-ATT
    WM6 Prof.
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    My 4.9 GMM takes up approx 7 MB RAM when running and 18 MB of storage for the app files. Can anyone running 5.0 tell me what the storage and RAM figures are?
    I believe memory usage which is RAM is the following per Handy switcher is:

GoodAPP.exe 6.87 MB
    gwes.exe 2.94 MB (not sure what this is and might not be related to GMM)
    GmdProtector 295 KB
    GmdMonitorApp.exe 35.9 KB

So 10.5 MB if gwes is part of GMM or 7.5 MB if not

It is hard to tell storage but I see the following in the list:

GoodApp 5.8 MB
    FipsCrypto 76.5KB
    GLPalmPIMHook 120 KB
    GoodAppLauncherToday 130 KB
    password 86.5 KB
    GLMonitorSrv 87 KB
    GmdLockApp 651 KB
    GMDMonitorAPP 571 KB
    GmdWipeApp 269 KB
    GmdProtector 318KB

If my math is correct this is about 8MB which seems way too low. I can't find a way in file explorer to show a folder size (like Properties on a desktop windows machine)--all I can do is get file sizes but too many to add. Tell me how to do a quick folder size check and I will let you know.

Not sure if FipsCrypto and password are GMM related for sure but they have the same 9/19/07 date which is probably the date they stopped tweaking the software.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast