1.    #1  
    Unless it says it's an unsupported format, if you're streaming a .wmv file and it's chopped up not playing the frames smoothly, you can tell Kinoma to run a performance test and it will play the video perfectly, but no audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Unless it says it's an unsupported format, if you're streaming a .wmv file and it's chopped up not playing the frames smoothly, you can tell Kinoma to run a performance test and it will play the video perfectly, but no audio.
    I just posted some details about that feature here that you might find interesting.

Basically, it's possible to encode something so that the easy-to-decode parts play fine, but the hard-to-decode parts (i.e. a complex scene with lots of motion) exceed what devices are capable of decoding in realtime. The art of encoding is making sure that both easy and complex material plays well.

Otherwise, Kinoma drops frames as necessary to keep synchronization perfect.

If you have encoding questions, I'm happy to help.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks