Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21  
    Opening and running PDAnet is really easier than Connect to ---> Treo ---> Dial?

    And jeff, you make the most incoherent posts. I really wish I had any idea what exactly you're trying to say. I am curious though, if what you say is true - what phone do you have, and how did you manage to get a contract that allows DUN without purchasing the Sprint DUN plan (and if Sprint specifically allows it why in the world do you need to use PDAnet in the first place? It should just work for you).
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    I know what it is. It is not PDANet. Even if Palm had done the right thing and included it, it would not compete with PDANet. PDANet just works, and works, and works.
    I've used PDAnet. It doesn't work, and work, and work any more or less than the DUN hack. Anything you can do with it the DUN profile will handle just as well. Is it USB modem you're after? You just need the driver from the Sprint CD and the hack can handle that too. Why are you people spending money on PDAnet?!?!
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  3. #23  
    Its just hard to believe that sprint has ever offered a contract to someone including a free DUN account while they charge everyone else $49.99. I even went to the sprint store to see if they had ever had a plan that included DUN and they had never heard of any (must take that with a grain of salt considering the source but still). I would bet that if he were to do a hard reset and then try to connect through DUN he wouldn't be able to connect just like the rest of us. Ive read that when you do purchase that type of plan that all you have to do is connect using Sprints Business Connection Manager, so why would you pay pdanet how ever much it costs when you can use their software for free? You just don't see any charges on your account because pdanet does the exact same thing as the DUN hack does. Oh and btw the DUN hack also works great through USB it doesn't have to be used with BT, it takes a little more setting up but it still works.
  4. #24  
    PDANet? DUN Hack? That might all be moot. Check out the third bullet under the FEATURES section of: http://www2.sprint.com/mr/cmastaticf...oFactSheet.pdf

    Phone as Modem: Take advantage of Sprint Mobile Broadband on your laptop by using your smart device as a wireless modem (USB cable included). Requires appropriate service plan.

    -Phil
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by pwest View Post
    PDANet? DUN Hack? That might all be moot. Check out the third bullet under the FEATURES section of: http://www2.sprint.com/mr/cmastaticf...oFactSheet.pdf

    Phone as Modem: Take advantage of Sprint Mobile Broadband on your laptop by using your smart device as a wireless modem (USB cable included). Requires appropriate service plan.

    -Phil
    Not only did you screw up your link so none of us can follow it, but you failed to miss the entire point. If you don't use PDANet or the DUN Hack, everyone wanting to use DUN with a Treo since the 650 "Requires appropriate service plan." That means $40/month on top of your regular phone plan just to use data on your laptop through your phone.

    What PDANet and the DUN hack both do is circumvent that reqirement, allowing you to tether to a laptop but breaking your service agreement. The difference is that PDAnet requires you to pay another 3rd party for the privilage of breaking your Sprint agreement. The hack is free.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  6. #26  
    PDAnet 4.11 includes support for the Centro!
    David Smith

    Me - Treo 755p
    Wifey - Treo Centro
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by WreckRman2 View Post
    PDAnet 4.11 includes support for the Centro!
    Where did you find info on v4.11? I only see v4.10 listed on there web site
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Not only did you screw up your link so none of us can follow it,
    Man, CountBuggula sure is a friendly, constructive helpful kinda guy, isn't he... Sorry for my egregious error: the link is http://www2.sprint.com/mr/cmastaticf...oFactSheet.pdf


    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    but you failed to miss the entire point.
    I failed to miss it?? I didn't miss the point--you should note the word might in my post. With Sprint pricing the way it is, features getting grandfathered in and the amazing array of features that they've thrown into the <$30/month SERO plan (for example they recently added free unlimited SMS), it is difficult to know what features people are actually getting charged for.

    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    If you don't use PDANet or the DUN Hack, everyone wanting to use DUN with a Treo since the 650 "Requires appropriate service plan." That means $40/month on top of your regular phone plan just to use data on your laptop through your phone.

    What PDANet and the DUN hack both do is circumvent that reqirement, allowing you to tether to a laptop but breaking your service agreement. The difference is that PDAnet requires you to pay another 3rd party for the privilage of breaking your Sprint agreement. The hack is free.
    Thank you CountBuggula: this useful information is helpful. I've enjoyed using PDA net since it first came out (wasn't it PalmNet back then?). I probably use it, on average, about once a month and couldn't justify a $40 premium on my bill. With more and more hotels providing free internet, I'm using it less and less.
  9. #29  
    For security reasons, you should use pdanet when possible over free hotel internet..
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    For security reasons, you should use pdanet when possible over free hotel internet..
    Or fire up a vpn session right away.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by pwest View Post
    I failed to miss it?? I didn't miss the point--you should note the word might in my post.
    Haha...sorry about the double negative...I must be tired. Anyways, you got my point. I'm just tired of explaining this over and over.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  12. #32  
    BUMP. Has anyone successfully tethered their centro?
  13. flamand's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    #33  
    Can anyone confirm that the DUN hack works on the Centro?
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree-Oh View Post
    BUMP. Has anyone successfully tethered their centro?
    I can confirm that PDAnet v4.11 works on the Centro. In fact I'm using it right now via Blue tooth connection.
  15. #35  
    Is there a DUN hack for the Centro? If so, where?
  16. #36  
    NINETEEN BUCKS for prior PDANET USERS well worth it........
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    Can anyone confirm that the DUN hack works on the Centro?
    Doesn't work on mine. I get a reset as soon as I try to turn the phone radio on with the hack installed.
  18. #38  
    What's the link to the DUN hack?
  19. #39  
    hey eveybody
    I have the cheapest vision plan w/sprint.
    Will using pdanet as a modem put an exta chages on my monthly bill?im a NEWB when it comes to this stuff.

    thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions