Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    http://treocentral.com/images/admin_...1190906699.gif

My god, those boys look... so... young!!

Dieter, quickly, go stand next to them!

- FoleoCentral
    Staying where we are.
    Huh. I'm like 5 blocks from Digital Life/Javits....

I should just walk on down

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    what is the point of all this?? this is all the exact same crap as the treo 700 & 755. ZERO difference. so stop acting like this is new & exciting. it is a repackaged treo 700
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I wonder if I wasn't already a Palm user would I be impressed!?!?!
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    I wonder if I wasn't already a Palm user would I be impressed!?!?!
    That's the only way to look at it and I think some would be:

- $99
    - YouTube Mobile
    - Google Maps
    - 3g
    - Updated Blazer (hopefully better)
    - IM client
    - Tiny
    - Push email
    - expandable memory
    - high res screen

+ Sprint's great data plans, 50 Sprint TV channels, unlimited SMS, it's not a bad device, especially for the younger crowd.

If you already own a Treo, it's no biggy, but they are irrelevant for the target market for this device, so who cares.

some guy asked the difference between the 755 & centro & he mentioned that the 755 is different because it has a higher capacity memory card slot - SD. Ummm does this guy own a 755???
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Gotta evaluate this for what it is. Palm is betting on expanding its market. It needs more $ and profits, and this is an easy mark (they hope) Without that extra $, they can't afford to compete and innovate to make the phones we power users want. They screwed up by sitting still so long, and they need a way to get some $. Doesn't help us much in the short term, but it lets them live to fight another day, and maybe that helps us in the long run.

Here's to the new Linux OS in 08 (with wifi, a2dp, etc. that we want) - maybe.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    That's the only way to look at it and I think some would be:

- $99
    - YouTube Mobile
    - Google Maps
    - 3g
    - Updated Blazer (hopefully better)
    - IM client
    - Tiny
    - Push email
    - expandable memory
    - high res screen

+ Sprint's great data plans, 50 Sprint TV channels, unlimited SMS, it's not a bad device, especially for the younger crowd.

If you already own a Treo, it's no biggy, but they are irrelevant for the target market for this device, so who cares.
    Agreed.
    I'm confused did Ed just say the IPhone is a smartphone LOL.
    Regardless I think it will sale well hopefully now Palm can give us a more powerfully treo.
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    tlaz, good point and that's what Palm is aiming for:

"Is this an iPhone killer?" "No, it's not attempting to be. iPhone is part of the 8% smartphone market. We're going after the bigger part." It's not an iPhone killer, it's a RAZR killer. That's good positioning, actually.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I would hate it if Palm all of a sudden becomes known as the official smartphone brand of the Abercrombie and Fitch set.
    and so why did I pay $600 for a 755 when I can basically get the same phone with a smaller form factor for $200???
    But do we have actual, real specs yet???
    I'm dying to see a factual comparison between the 755P and it's new little brother.....
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    and so why did I pay $600 for a 755 when I can basically get the same phone with a smaller form factor for $200???
    I dunno, why would you do that?

Seriously, I see what you are saying (although I though the Centro is $399 w/o contract, or thereabout).

Is it similar to Apple and the iPhone price drop? Maybe, maybe not.

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    According to Ed because the keyboard and screen is bigger and you might like that better if you read alot of email (LMAO)
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Well, according to Ed, you get a bigger screen, bigger keyboard, and a bigger expansion slot. (Not necessarily higher capacity, just physically bigger.)
    oh ok. well sign me up. :-/
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    for the privilege of having it 4 months earlier?

if the centro resets like my lovable 755p, Palm will have blown this opportunity to expand its audience.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I've got a 2-year-old Treo 650 from Sprint, and I must say, the Centro might well be my next phone. It looks to be smaller and slimmer than other Treos, and just as functional. I don't really need the extra screen real estate, or at least not enough to pay hundreds of extra dollars for it. Plus, I can stay with Sprint, which reduces headaches big-time... On the other hand, the red version is awfully dorky -- looking forward to seeing the black.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    ummmm.....not impressed.
    1. Undercuts high end treos
    2. No buzz....all the youth want iphones, not this
    3. Where is a new high end treo....a real iphone killer.

I am thinking of just switching to iphone and be done with it...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast