1.    #1  
    Cannot get versamil to notify me of new mail, have tried all of the alert sounds and nothing, any ideas?
    Is the alert icon showing up in the top left corner? IF not, the alert is coming across at all. If it is, do you have the volume turned off or turned really low. Versamail will not alert you of new email if you are in the program manually checking them. It will do an alert once (and only once) when it performs an autosync and there is new email. (AKA no audible nag alert).

Lastly, versamail will not vibrate when you have the phone on silent. Unfortunately , it will only do audible alerts.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. Versamail will only use the "little light bulb" alert. No vibrate at all, whether in silent or not.

Deleted it after a few days. Am now trying chatter, which alerts you by vibrate or audible when you have new mail.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply. The yellow bell is in the top left at times, volume is on and up - it is strange sometimes when I go back to preferences, alerts the alert of new mail box is unchecked when I had checked it before.
  5.    #5  
    People seem to like chatter amybe I'll try it
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    No matter how I set up versamail, I could never get it to actually notify me of e-mail. Had to keep checking.

Also, versamail caused me to not get any text messages, for some reason.

Chatter does seem to be better. I was using verizon wirelesssync, and am not really looking to pay for software that should be here, but with wirelesssync, you can not send attachments.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Something is definitely wrong there. I get audible alerts every time an email comes into either one of my mailboxes with versamail. I also get the visual mail icon if mail comes in to the mailbox I last checked/left open.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Personally I like the fact that my Versamail does not alert me of new incoming items. Course it does alert me IF I tell it to. I use Versamail for my work accounts and WirelessSync for my personal E-mail. I want my personal E-mail to bug me, but not my work E-mail. It is the only way I can have my cake and eat it too ;-)
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I was poking around last night in the Versamail notification options since my phone was making noises on failures, which is should not have been. Anyhow turned on failure notification in my active sync account and saved, then turned it back off and saved and now it is silent again. I prefer to have this silent with just the alarm indicator so that my phone won't wake me up on the weekends when the exchange server is being worked on or something fails.

I also noticed and I did not know that it appears that there are distinct settings for each account for failure and new mail notification. However I still need to use WirelessSync for my personal E-mail since Versamal does not do IP push for IMAP mail (you have to set it to check at a certain interval)