1.    #1  
    Opera Mini used to be very fast for me. Lately, when I open a web page there is a short transmission (presumably sending the information to their server), then there is a long pause. I'm talking about 30 seconds in many cases, or even more. Then the transmission comes back from the server, which doesn't take long. The time is lost during the pause, during which there is no communication. I'm wondering of so many people are using it now that it is overloading their servers.

Anyone else noticing this?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    with 4.0beta1 and 4.0beta2 i have problem that it freezes my treo680. when it starts downloading page it first shows 'connecting...' then starts download and shows progress bar (xx/yy kb) and then freezes and only reset helps. once i let it like this for maybe an hour, result was seriously discharged battery and treo was really warm, so it seems it really was in some loop stuck forever...

but i dont have speed issues compared to operamini3, its as slow as it was (price for java... ). if this freezing will be fixed i will be happy to use it
    why treo is smartphone and siemens c35i dumbphone when treo doesn't know to show current location, doesn't know to show if sms i sent was received and when, doesn't last on batteries longer then 2 days? shame on palm.
    It always slowed me down.....

Wait for java....
    Wait for Opera to load...
    Use a few web pages
    Crash
    Wait for reboot..
    Repeat.
    I tested opera for a while and found no real benefit.

It launched faster than blazer but the speed in which the pages loaded were about 3 seconds faster than blazer. I didn't feel the 3 seconds of load time was worth the space it took to have java and opera installed.
    actually i dont have another choice but opera mini. blazer on my treo doesnt work at all, it connects to wap instead of gprs and then it can't find any url. t-mobile says its palm problem because every other phones(windows based,symbian based,blackberry) work, palm says its t-mobile problem because with other networks it works and noone does anything. so i am stuck with opera mini, because there is nothing else as usable as these two.

btw, i tried upgrade to latest java vm for palm and it didnt helped, now i can write national characters in opera (with old jvm alt key didnt worked) and some other details work better, but this crash is not fixed...:-(
    why treo is smartphone and siemens c35i dumbphone when treo doesn't know to show current location, doesn't know to show if sms i sent was received and when, doesn't last on batteries longer then 2 days? shame on palm.
    I kind of gave up on Opera Mini although it does look very nice compared to Blazer but it gives me so much problems and hassles. Aside from the load time and browse and then crash like most others have already mentioned, I guess I have to revert back to Blazer.

I'm not sure what it is, but somehow after a few days of installing the IBM Java midlets, I would be told when I try to run Opera Mini that Java has not been installed.

So I have to install IBM Java again and sometimes even it won't install properly the first time so I try a few more times and it installs. I'm thinking that it may have something to do with RescoBackup. I tried to lock all the Java stuff with Resco Locker but it seems to still happen. I kind of gave up.

Has anyone else experience this?
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws