1.    #1  
    Hi guys,
    I have searched for an answer to this, but no definitive answer so far.

Can a treo 680 be used in Portugal for WAP, internet and MMS.
    I live in Portugal and my current service provider tells me that there are no available settings for Treos. I am with Optimus, but someone here may know if another network will be able to do what I need. Maybe Vodafone.

I really hope someone knows the answer as currently I am sans Palm because of my carelessness while in England, and I would like to invest in another, of which the treo 680 looks most suited, but it would be totally useless unless the internet worked.

Thanks,
    Andy
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I assume they are GSM as it is Europe.

It doesn't matter if the network supports it, T-Mobile USA doesn't surpport the newer Treo's but there is really thousands of us using it.

As for settings, ask for settings for other phones... close relatives. a Pocket PC or Symbain phone perhaps.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
  3.    #3  
    Thank you fishera.

My mind complicated this issue because of difficulty connecting a TX and TE2 through bluetooth and a motorola V360.
    This just will not work, but direct from a smart phone I expect it will work fine.

Incidently, Vodafone Portugal email support sent me this eventually.
    It may help others in a similar situation.

You need to create a Connection in Applications > Preferences > Connection > New and fill the steps. Afterwards access to Preferences > Network > New

Service: Vodafone
    User Name: vodafone (lower case)
    Password: vodafone (lower case)
    Connection: choose the one you created before

Select Details

Connection type: PPP
    Idle Timeout: Never
    Query DNS: select
    IP Address: select (Automatic)

Choose the option Script (shows End with an arrow and when you pick it shows the other options)

Send: at+cgdcont=1,"ip","internet.vodafone.pt"
    Send CR: leave blank
    Send: atd*99***1#
    Send CR: leave blank
    Wait For: CONNECT
    End: leave blank

And then press Finish (OK twice) and Connect.

Regards
    Andy