Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I use RingCare v6.14 & VolumeCare v2.31 and the best thing about them is they both work as advertised.
    I was using Ringo on the 650 but it wasn't working on the 755p. I tried the newest update but it kept ignoring my assigned ringtones and defaulted back to the Treo tones. Then it just stopped playing tones altogether. Probably conflicting with VolumeCare. I deleted Ringo and purchased RingCare and have had not problems to date.
    Well I just installed it, & tomorrow I will have a full day of testing. VC always worked great for me & Jeff is a genius, so I really don't have much to worry about. Jeff, can you tell us of any future plans with RingCare? Added features etc...I'll keep you posted on my findings too.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    need to add picture id to ringcare
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Well I just installed it, & tomorrow I will have a full day of testing. VC always worked great for me & Jeff is a genius, so I really don't have much to worry about. Jeff, can you tell us of any future plans with RingCare? Added features etc...I'll keep you posted on my findings too.
    Can't wait to hear your results. As for the future of RingCare, I am trying to be very careful with the features. First and most important, I want a product that is 100% reliable and lightning fast. You will notice that your phone will probably ring quicker with RingCare installed. This is because of the technology I incorporated into RingCare. Next I want a product that is very easy to use. Adding additional features tends to compromise these 2 goals. Just look at the other ringtone products out there right now.

Most customers are asking me to bring call processing features to RingCare. I think this may be a good addition to the application. I am currently evaluating different implementations and looking for feedback on requirements.

As far as full screen caller ID, can you send me a few screen shots of what you are wanting so I can get an idea of how to implement it?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    As far as full screen caller ID, can you send me a few screen shots of what you are wanting so I can get an idea of how to implement it?

Jeff

nicest one i have seen was by mring, but the program just doesnt work right

check out picture and maybe u can add state and city ontop of the screen, scrolling like a banner
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff, so far so good(half day so far). It is faster than other ringtone managers(very impressed & happy). I understand having a rock solid app, & I believe at this point, you got it. Now on the Picture ID. thing, that would be good too, maybe not a full screen, but bigger than the one that our Treo contacts show. I believe the other ringtone managers just add to much stuff & no good support for it. The best part of those developers are, they love to blame other apps/developers. Not you, you have been a great developer with great support, so my Treo 755 is in good hands. I should have more calls coming in until the end of today, but really I don't see a problem. Thanks! Happy Halloween all...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    nicest one i have seen was by mring, but the program just doesnt work right

check out picture and maybe u can add state and city ontop of the screen, scrolling like a banner
    Thanks for the screen shot. I will keep this in mind for possible implementation.

Jeff
    Jeff, so far so good(half day so far). It is faster than other ringtone managers(very impressed & happy). I understand having a rock solid app, & I believe at this point, you got it. Now on the Picture ID. thing, that would be good too, maybe not a full screen, but bigger than the one that our Treo contacts show. I believe the other ringtone managers just add to much stuff & no good support for it. The best part of those developers are, they love to blame other apps/developers. Not you, you have been a great developer with great support, so my Treo 755 is in good hands. I should have more calls coming in until the end of today, but really I don't see a problem. Thanks! Happy Halloween all...
    Awesome news!!! I am happy to hear the product is working so well for you. There is one problem that I will be releasing an update for tomorrow. Any MP3 filenames that are longer than 63 letters, the MP3 will not play. The update will be version 2.32 and is in the final stages of testing. If you run into this problem, the fix is available now. Just send me an email.

Thanks for the nice comments and vote of confidence. I really do care about my software and the support we provide at GoTreo. Certainly there are times when we get so busy things slip through the cracks but we do our very best to minimize these instances. We also try our best to work with other 3rd party developers to find solutions to complex issues. We are committed to earning everyone's business!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Awesome news!!! I am happy to hear the product is working so well for you. There is one problem that I will be releasing an update for tomorrow. Any MP3 filenames that are longer than 63 letters, the MP3 will not play. The update will be version 2.32 and is in the final stages of testing. If you run into this problem, the fix is available now. Just send me an email.

Thanks for the nice comments and vote of confidence. I really do care about my software and the support we provide at GoTreo. Certainly there are times when we get so busy things slip through the cracks but we do our very best to minimize these instances. We also try our best to work with other 3rd party developers to find solutions to complex issues. We are committed to earning everyone's business!

Jeff
    Not a problem, I just tried out the desktop too...what an easy thing to work. Can't wait to keep messing with it

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Jeff,

I'm new to Treos and have a 755P. I'm already in trial phase with LauncherX and ProfileCare. But as soon as I figure out whether I like them or not, I'll try RingCare. I've read alot of the threads on several of the Treo sites and I too, am impressed with your willingness to be both receptive to feedback and to be so conscientious about your products. By the way, you might think about making you company logo in your profile a link, as when I tried to go to your site I went to GoTreo.com and was blasted with all sorts of adware. I then tried GoTreoSoftware.com and presto. Thanks again.

Stu
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Jeff - so far Ringcare is working nicely and not stuttering and is fast.

How can I stop it from asking me about my SD card alot - if I want to keep the ringers on the card or lose them all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Jeff,

I'm new to Treos and have a 755P. I'm already in trial phase with LauncherX and ProfileCare. But as soon as I figure out whether I like them or not, I'll try RingCare. I've read alot of the threads on several of the Treo sites and I too, am impressed with your willingness to be both receptive to feedback and to be so conscientious about your products. By the way, you might think about making you company logo in your profile a link, as when I tried to go to your site I went to GoTreo.com and was blasted with all sorts of adware. I then tried GoTreoSoftware.com and presto. Thanks again.

Stu
    Thanks for the kind words. Be aware that ProfileCare is not yet fully ported to the 755p. I have a beta copy if you want it. Just send me an email at support @ GoTreoSoftware.com. The only issue with the Beta is a flash that happens on some 755's when the screen is turned off. I am working on this issue but other than that the release is solid. The release number is 3.22.

I will see what I can do about putting a link on my avitar. Thanks for the idea.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    Jeff - so far Ringcare is working nicely and not stuttering and is fast.

How can I stop it from asking me about my SD card alot - if I want to keep the ringers on the card or lose them all?
    Interesting. Did you change cards? RingCare stores the serial number of your SD card and if it sees a different serial number it assumes that a new card is now in the device. This means that the MP3's that were assigned to contacts may no longer be valid. Thus the warning. I need to change the message because in releases 2.3x, RingCare will scan the card looking for MP3's in the places where they were orriginally located. If it finds them, everything is great. If it does not find the MP3, it will remove the definition from the contact entry.

I would be curious if the SD Card application on the device shows a serial number (device ID) for the card. If not, this would be the reason you keep getting this message. A reformat of the card should put a serial number on the card. Please let me know.

Jeff
    Not a problem, I just tried out the desktop too...what an easy thing to work. Can't wait to keep messing with it
    Terrific! The Desktop application is actually not a GoTreo product. Rather I partnered with Gx5 Software to rebrand and co-bundle this application with RingCare Mobile. Gx5 is best known for applications like TreoMemo and DialByPhoto. They are a great company and I really like the idea of partnering with companies that share my same business culture.

Jeff
    O.K. end of the day here in Ca. & I will say, Ringcare & Ringcare Desktop are top ringtone manager thus far. Jeff, you have out done yourself again, many calls today & not 1 problem. Ringtones are snappy & right on top of my Treo. I HIGHLY recommend it to all Treo owners.
    Last edited by reverendrhino; 11/01/2007 at 01:59 AM.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I have tried using photos of the lowest resolution. I tried adding new photos to contacts and I tried taking photos with the phone and adding them. Nothing works! I can't see the photos in the contact screen from within mRing nor do the photos show upon incoming call. The app. seems cool but I can't get to work. Any advise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo7 View Post
    I have tried using photos of the lowest resolution. I tried adding new photos to contacts and I tried taking photos with the phone and adding them. Nothing works! I can't see the photos in the contact screen from within mRing nor do the photos show upon incoming call. The app. seems cool but I can't get to work. Any advise?
    Picture ID features are nice but I have been around Treos/Centros for so long that I understand you want to do as little as possible with the phone system. I developed RingCare to do ringtone management only at this point. The stock phone application does picture ID very effectively (all be it a less than full screen picture). But ringtone management is something the Treo does very poorly and that is the void RingCare solves. At this point RingCare is rock solid and getting better. Version 2.35 will be released tomorrow that addresses a bug in SMS notification that comes from an email address. Aside from this very small bug, RingCare is providing 100% reliability on what it does!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo7 View Post
    Within mRing, make sure they have the extension .jpg and not .jpeg and try it again. I had this issue where some of my photos show up and others don't. When I download images from the web on the phone it gave it .jpeg and they wouldn't show up in mRing.

Give it a try and let me know how it works.
    Can I second the Full Screen Caller ID feature in ringcare? If this program had that feature and along with already having the desktop software would be the top ringtone/callerid program.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Can I second the Full Screen Caller ID feature? If this program had that feature and along with already having the desktop software would be the top ringtone/callerid program.
    I will concider the option but again, the more applications "mess" around with the phone screens, the more problems that are created in the process. But I think I have a possible solution to the problem that I will address as soon as I complete the new application I am working on.

Jeff
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast