1.    #1  
    So after I set up my exchange mail and synched everything the phone just resets in a loop. If I don't input my exchange data it is fine. My Exchange was previously used with a 700WX.
  2.    #2  
    No one else have this problem? Here are more symptoms after a day of use.

If I set it to Sync as Items arive, it loops.

If I set at a timed interval, it resets when it trys to sync.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    No problems with Exchange here. You do have to purchase a special license on the server side...perhaps that's your issue.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    I have the same issue with my treo 700p. It only occurs when I turn on auto sync and it will reset at the interval you set your auto sync to. If you set it to "as items arrive"it will reset continuously. The strange thing is it only occurs with auto sync, not when you press sync or sync all manually, that to works just fine. So I doubt it is a problem with the exchange server, if not it would always crash. This is actually the second phone I've had that does this, my treo 650 did it as well and I got this as a replacement, now I wonder though if it's a software issue why others aren't having the same problem? I'm with 1and1 by the way.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo76 View Post
    I have the same issue with my treo 700p. It only occurs when I turn on auto sync and it will reset at the interval you set your auto sync to. If you set it to "as items arrive"it will reset continuously. The strange thing is it only occurs with auto sync, not when you press sync or sync all manually, that to works just fine. So I doubt it is a problem with the exchange server, if not it would always crash. This is actually the second phone I've had that does this, my treo 650 did it as well and I got this as a replacement, now I wonder though if it's a software issue why others aren't having the same problem? I'm with 1and1 by the way.
    I'm useing Mail2Web.

I called Palm and they told me that I have a corrupt item on my server. Funny, my 700WX didn't have a problem with my "corrupt" item.

They told me it could be anything, contacts, calendar, or e-mail. They expected me to go thru one at a time removing things until I found the problem. Yea, I have a month to hard reset my device, remove one item from the server, and try again. I have 40 contacts, 300+ calendar events, and 300+ e-mails for the month, all of which I need.

Whats sad is I liked the Palm OS, I really did. But its back to the WX for me.

So basically I am SOL because Palm can't write software for the MAJORITY that uses Exchange mail protocols.
    I spoke to Sprint technical support today, they weren't much help other than wanting me to hard reset my phone and I've done that five times already. I also thought it might be a corrupt item on the server and backed up my outlook and proceeded to delete everything, and it still didn't help. One thing that doesn't make sense is that if it were a corrupt item a manual sync would not work either, yet it does. I too prefer the palm os for it's simplicity and ease of use. I'll call 1and1 and see if they can reset my exchange.