1.    #1  
    Hi I have a weird problem with my Hotsync Manager.

Somehow, my contacts and calendar cannot be sync-ed between my T680 and desktop because it is configured to "Do Nothing" by default.

I have tried to configure the setup to "synchronise" these 2 applications but during hotsync, it will override my setup and return to "Do Nothing".

It only happens to these 2 applications and I've tried several ways to overcome it to no avail. Can anyone help? Thanks!
    It sounds like you have a Microsoft Exchange account setup in Versamail. If that is the case, you cannot sync contacts or calendar with hotsync. It must be done OTA. To hotsync these pims, you must first delete the exchange account and then hotsync.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Thank You! I've been on three forums trying to figure out what happened. Did a complete hard reset... everything fine. started installing... it died when I setup email. Whew... I can just use the web interface for the exchange email...

Thank YOU !!!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonnot03 View Post
    It sounds like you have a Microsoft Exchange account setup in Versamail. If that is the case, you cannot sync contacts or calendar with hotsync. It must be done OTA. To hotsync these pims, you must first delete the exchange account and then hotsync.
    I deleted the exchange account and tried hotsync-ing... voila! problem solved!!

Thank you so very much!
    I have almost exactly the same problem as the OP. My Outlook 2007 syncs were working fine, then a few days ago I noticed that my Calendar and Contacts were not syncing.

Looking at the Hotsync setup, it says "Do Nothing" for both Calendar and Contacts. If I use the "Custom" dialog to change them to "Synchronize the files", Hotsync crashes when I click the dialog's "Done" button. The error signature is: AppName: hotsync.exe AppVer: 6.0.1.0 ModName: hotsync.exe. ModVer: 6.0.1.0 Offset: 0002d94f.

This is nothing to do with Microsoft Exchange, as I am not using it. I don't use Versamail (but it is set up for POP to my Gmail account). I've tried reinstalling the Desktop from the original CD, plus the Outlook 2007 conduits, no change. This is a Treo 680 and Windows XP Pro. I soft reset the Treo too, no joy.

Any ideas?
    I eventually fixed this problem by deleting all the Versamail files on both my Treo 680 and desktop, per this Palm help article, which is really intended to help solve a problem with Versamail crashing on Treo 650's. Google does a better job of searching Palm's support site than Palm does!