1.    #1  
    i really want to seend more the just 160 letters in a text message is there a way to do this , or am i out of luck
    It's a limitation of the SMS protocol, unfortunately it has nothing to do with the phone/software.

I think I remember seeing an app out there that would take a really long text message and automatically break it into pieces, but I don't remember where I saw it. Someone else might be able to chime in with more details on that.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    The old treo's use to be able to let your type out a longer message than 160 characters and then split it into two... I dont know why Palm takes features out of their software.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk444 View Post
    It's a limitation of the SMS protocol, unfortunately it has nothing to do with the phone/software.

I think I remember seeing an app out there that would take a really long text message and automatically break it into pieces, but I don't remember where I saw it. Someone else might be able to chime in with more details on that.

To an extent you are correct. Nowadays, the phone software is built in to allow message breaking. The treo doesn't support this and all it does is clog your ability to receive sms.
    As far I have looked there isn't any decent software that will help split sms msgs on the treos.
    From what I've heard, your specific phone provider determines this
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products