Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1.    #1  
    I was able to download the aol "you've got mail" into my 700p and it would play when chatteremail arrived. I cannot get it to work on my 755p. Any ideas why not? I can get it into the sounds, but it just will not play. Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. #2  
    The 700p and the 755p both have issues playing certain wav files. Try the file I have attached, it should work for you, as it does on my 755p.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    The 700p and the 755p both have issues playing certain wav files. Try the file I have attached, it should work for you, as it does on my 755p.
    What did use 2 convert the wave 2 a PDB file if I might ask...thanx again...
  4. #4  
    how do you use that pdb file? how do you get it into sounds?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Deluxe View Post
    What did use 2 convert the wave 2 a PDB file if I might ask...thanx again...
    Quite simple actually. Email the wav file to your phone (versa-fail, chatter, etc), and when you download and save the file, save it to sounds. The Treo will convert it to a PDB file. It will initially save it to sounds with a name of "????", just edit the sound file and give it a more distinctive name.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden View Post
    how do you use that pdb file? how do you get it into sounds?
    Just hotsync the PDB file to your Treo. With the "TON" prefix of the file, your Treo will automaticlly insert it into your list of sounds.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    Quite simple actually. Email the wav file to your phone (versa-fail, chatter, etc), and when you download and save the file, save it to sounds. The Treo will convert it to a PDB file. It will initially save it to sounds with a name of "????", just edit the sound file and give it a more distinctive name.
    when I download the file from my e-mail it went straight 2 my card with no saving options...( I did not have the option of saving 2 my sounds)..hmmmm
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Deluxe View Post
    when I download the file from my e-mail it went straight 2 my card with no saving options...( I did not have the option of saving 2 my sounds)..hmmmm
    Ok, I just did it on my 755p runnng Chatter. When you download the file you should have 4 options, OK, OPEN, SAVE to CARD and DEL. Select OPEN and then SOUNDS, which should import the wav file in Sounds and open the Sounds app. You should see the file at the top of the Sounds list with a name of "???". Highlight the sounnd and select DETAILS the change the file name from ??? to something more distinctive.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    Ok, I just did it on my 755p runnng Chatter. When you download the file you should have 4 options, OK, OPEN, SAVE to CARD and DEL. Select OPEN and then SOUNDS, which should import the wav file in Sounds and open the Sounds app. You should see the file at the top of the Sounds list with a name of "???". Highlight the sounnd and select DETAILS the change the file name from ??? to something more distinctive.
    Im using versa-mail so it might B it little different I will try again...If U e-mail ur-self a pre-cut(for ringer purposes) mp3,and save as U say,will it convert it the same way?....I have 2 roll 4 now but I will check back in the morning......thanx...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Deluxe View Post
    Im using versa-mail so it might B it little different I will try again...If U e-mail ur-self a pre-cut(for ringer purposes) mp3,and save as U say,will it convert it the same way?....I have 2 roll 4 now but I will check back in the morning......thanx...
    To the best of my knowledge, mp3's wont convert the way a wav file will. If I am wrong about this, I am sure someone will chime in and say so.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  11. #11  
    I just want my own ringers in Versamail

    the 8 ringers they give you suck.

    i did all the coverting of files that I read how to do in another thread and I now have ALL the ringers that came with the Treo but not the ones I have made myself using Minitones.....
    I'm a Pre gal now
  12. #12  
    I love the sound, it does play in the sounds and alert area but when I try to set it up for snappermail alert, it doesn't give me that option because its not on the list along with a few as well. I've noticed that the few that doesn't show up are pretty big files compared to the rest that does show up. Perhaps there is a size limit on alerts you can use in email programs?
  13. #13  
    I use Switch to convert from MP3 to WAV, it is free. Ben
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I use Switch to convert from MP3 to WAV, it is free. Ben
    I have used switch as well...but the trial is up,I will probably end up buying the program...but I guess what I should have asked is "what is the best(and easiest) way 2 load ur pre--made ringers"..I have been using the sprint focus uploader and Im just looking 4 other options....Thanx.....
  15. #15  
    I use audacity to convert mp3 to wave. Then use VFS Exchange to add the wav as a ringtone. Both apps are free.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I use audacity to convert mp3 to wave. Then use VFS Exchange to add the wav as a ringtone. Both apps are free.
    so the VFS Exchange allows U 2 move the wave 2 the sounds?....
  17. #17  
    Yep, it basically does what post #5 says but allows you to name the file correctly.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Yep, it basically does what post #5 says but allows you to name the file correctly.
    can U just drag and drop the wave via palm quick install,then move the wave from the sound card via VSF Exchange..Im just trying 2 avoid e-mailing it....
  19. #19  
    I'm not sure. I don't use quick install. I use my card reader or filepc2pda (another free app) to put the wav on my sd card. Then use VFS Exchange to add the sound from the wav on my sd card.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I'm not sure. I don't use quick install. I use my card reader or filepc2pda (another free app) to put the wav on my sd card. Then use VFS Exchange to add the sound from the wav on my sd card.
    thanx 4 ur help.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions