Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Thanks for all the info! Now for a REALLY dumb request: do you have a link for "you've got mail" with the woman's voice? Thanks for trying!
  2.    #22  
    anyone?
    How about the "Yaaaaay you got mail"
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    How about the "Yaaaaay you got mail"
    Special Ed, "Yaaay, I got mail", use minitones to convert to ringer/alert.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  5.    #25  
    I found the wav for the female voice, but it will not play on the treo. Ideas?

Attachment:
    I've found that if the WAV is too large, it won't play in some POS applications.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I've found that if the WAV is too large, it won't play in some POS applications.
    what is weird is the male voice for "you've got mail" works but the female does not. ideas?
    to convert ur mp3s that u have on ur memory card just use the free program called minitones.it converts all or part of the mp3 and puts it directly in your "sounds"....easy and free.for AOL tone I simply held my treo next to my pc speaker and recorded the "you got mail" with the voicememo app.then I hit menu/save to ringtone and it went directly into sounds.i use it for text messages and chatteremail alerts.snappermail and some other programs use there own "sounds"and not the main treo sounds library and thus it can't be used for them
  9.    #29  
    The "youve got mail" file is already wav format but it will not play on the phone. Ideas? thanks!
    I believe I just answered that in my previous post.....forget converting wav files etc......just hold ur treo next to your pc speaker and record the "you got mail" with the built in app called "voice memo"on ur treo as you sign in to ur aol acct.then hit menu,then hit save to ringtone and....voila!....it will play perfectly for your text alerts or chatteremail alerts.for other email programs it may not be possible to use your own alerts.some,such as snappermail use their own alerts library that is very limited and I do not believe you can easily add to them
    This is what I use, Text To Speech
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    OK, What am I doing wrong? I have down loaded the file & it works as a treo Sound, it is listed in Sounds as "Got mail", it works great in my main alerts.

The problem is the same as LupeValenz posted back earlier, that in chattermail, under the chatter preferences / notifcations / Default Tone, I can not get the file "got mail" to show up so I can use it as my chatter Notification default tone. Does anyone know who to get it to work in Chatter? I am frustrated because it is listed right there as a option in the treo general sounds option as the file "Got Mail"

If anyone can help thanks
    I believe it won't work in Chatter, its a developer thing.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    So there is no way to use it in chatter? darn I was really hoping to use it, If anyone has any Ideas please let me know.

Thanks
    I use customized messages with ChatterEmail - Palm OS Preferences - Sounds & Alerts - Manage - down at the bottom is a NEW button - press there and go at it. It is then saved to the device RAM. From within ChatterEmail's preferences, select the mail account - go to the account definition screen, select Define, then on the right side, tap the down arrow under Tone and select the file to be played.

I found on my 650 I had to execute a soft reset...

Ben
    Thanks Ben!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12