Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Treo-People, How we livin'? I need your help. This is the second time a Treo has done this to me. I have had the 755p for about a month and it has been fantastic but it is doing something that my old 700p did after some time. I have some third party apps on it such as Gmail mobile app, Opera Mini and SlingPlayer. Now when I launch any of those apps - the second I launch any of them my Treo resets itself. If I launch anything else that is Palm OS Native such as Blazer or Memo Pad - the Treo is fine and does not reset. Anyone get this and know why it does this? What is confusing to me is that those 3rd party apps that are now resetting didnt reset for the first month that I had them - they worked perfectly AND I have not installed anything new or done anything new to the Treo and it just starts doing this. What do I do - do I have to remove them or do a hard reset to erase all data? (Please don't tell me the latter - I am sooo tired of hard resets!)......... -Andrew
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    It can be a combination of things. Like a bad recipe. It was good with the first 5 ingredients but the 6th or 7th spoiled the soup. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but try deleting them all and reinstalling them one by one. If they worked fine in the past then what else have you added. Hacks, programs, you name it can mess with things. I once had a solitaire program that stopped me from hotsyncing. Good Luck, uninstall, reinstall, and soft reset before each one.

If all else fails do a hard reset and reload. I do this about every 6 months with my laptop, home computer and PDA's it keeps things running clean.

BenJoe
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    thanks Ben. I will try just that.
    A hard reset and then install each application separately and run for a period before installing the next will eliminate what you are getting. There is a software conflict there. I had resets with Opera, but not with the Java environment itself. Slingplayer, well no experience there.

Ben
    Slingplayer has been flawless for me. No problems, resets etc. May be one of the other apps?