1.    #1  
    OK for post RE MRing my 700p is finally working good enough to be useful( I still have random resets, three total since updating on Saturday, but now the error log does not update to prove it). I am just wondering what is next for PALM. Looking at other topics/discussions I am really wondering where palm is going and if another palm smart-phone is in my future. Based on my current needs and what I think I would want in a next phone unless palm steps things up, I am going to have a hard time getting another one. I like the idea of a PDA and phone in one package, but I just to not want to go through the nightmare I have with my 700p.
  2. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen001 View Post
    OK for post RE MRing my 700p is finally working good enough to be useful( I still have random resets, three total since updating on Saturday, but now the error log does not update to prove it). I am just wondering what is next for PALM. Looking at other topics/discussions I am really wondering where palm is going and if another palm smart-phone is in my future. Based on my current needs and what I think I would want in a next phone unless palm steps things up, I am going to have a hard time getting another one. I like the idea of a PDA and phone in one package, but I just to not want to go through the nightmare I have with my 700p.
    For the time being, enjoy your finally fixed 700P. If you are looking to get a new device, you have the 755P on Sprint and likely to show up on Verizon soon. Otherwise, there are the WM Treos. Centrino looks to be coming to Sprint this winter, which appears to be running Garnet. Beyond this, Rumor has it that Palm is going to release the 800W, running WM, some time early next year. Looking out any further is anyones guess.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    For the time being, enjoy your finally fixed 700P. If you are looking to get a new device, you have the 755P on Sprint and likely to show up on Verizon soon. Otherwise, there are the WM Treos. Centrino looks to be coming to Sprint this winter, which appears to be running Garnet. Beyond this, Rumor has it that Palm is going to release the 800W, running WM, some time early next year. Looking out any further is anyones guess.

That is just it... looking right now at what is going to be ready next year is not impressing me much at all.... All of the devices are most "evolutions" of the existing line up. WM is not very impressive to me, so I was hoping for palm to finally step up to the plate after dropping the foleo and come up with a device that I "just have to have"... and the rumor mill is not looking that way
  4. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen001 View Post
    That is just it... looking right now at what is going to be ready next year is not impressing me much at all.... All of the devices are most "evolutions" of the existing line up. WM is not very impressive to me, so I was hoping for palm to finally step up to the plate after dropping the foleo and come up with a device that I "just have to have"... and the rumor mill is not looking that way
    You're trying to see too far into the future. Must past a few months is pure speculation. All of the Smartphone developers keep their cards close to the vest and leak stuff just to get a rise out of us.

Unless you are really itching for a new device, I'd run with the 700P until at least the first of the year. If Palm doesn't throw us some kind of a bone by then, they are in deep trouble.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/