1.    #1  
    Hi there,

Okay, so Im trying to enable an app that allows a sort of Visual Voicemail effect. Problem is the only carrier that seems to be incompatible is Sprint. Just my luck. However, if I can find out if/how there is a way to 'tweak' my call forwarding settings I would be golden. This is my conundrum, when you activate call forwarding, all yours calls are, well, forwarded to what ever number you specify. Your handset does not ring, it goes right to the forwarded number. In order for this app to work, you must be able to enable 'Busy call forwarding' 'No answer call forwarding' and 'Unreachable call forwarding'. This allows your phone to ring but if you are unable to answer your phone it then gets forwarded to an alternate number. With any other carrier you are able to dial in an activation code from your handset and turn on these particular forwarding settings, but, ofcourse, not with Sprint. I called Sprint CS who was about as helpful as a hole in the head, the directions for this app instruct you to contact Sprint CS in order to have these settings altered but when I call I get so frustrated that I hang up. Can ANYONE help me with this?? At this point ANY info would be good info as Im so completely frustrated.

So, please Treo Central geniuses, HELP
    I'm a Pre gal now
    If no geniuses jump in . . . I would call Customer Service and ask for Retentions.

Explain you have called x times and have gotten no where. . . ask to be put in touch with someone that can help as you say the instructions say . . . . . .

the directions for this app instruct you to contact Sprint CS in order to have these settings altered . . . .

As well, you might try posting at:
    http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/24/2007 at 09:43 PM.
    I've never heard of this type of program, but I hope you are aware that Sprint charges 20 per minute for call forwarding.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    If no geniuses jump in . . . I would call Customer Service and ask for Retentions.

Explain you have called x times and have gotten no where. . . ask to be put in touch with someone that can help as you say the instructions say . . . . . .

the directions for this app instruct you to contact Sprint CS in order to have these settings altered . . . .

As well, you might try posting at:
    http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/

Thanks Perry.

I was looking at sprintusers.com and found some valuable info, called CS, got retentions, was basically told they had no idea what I was talking about and go pound sand. Called CS one last time, got a very helpful girl, she gave me the codes *73 and *74 to change the forwarding settings but in order to do this I had to disable my Sprint voicemail, which I had her do. Went home, attempted to activate the service with the codes and guess what! STILL doesnt work!!! I am sooo frustrated I am just about to give up. I read on sprintusers that many people have had to call CS in order to configure the forwarding correctly but noone seems to know what Im talking about. This sucks!

and yes, I know about the fee for forwarded calls...
    I'm a Pre gal now
    as an alternative, maybe you want to try something like GrandCentral.com

Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but who knows :P
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk444 View Post
    as an alternative, maybe you want to try something like GrandCentral.com

Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but who knows :P
    I would LOVE to use Grandcentral...but apparently I need an invite.....and I dont know anyone who can give me one

I would LOVE to try out Grandcentral....I have heard nothing but good things....

Anyone know where a cute gal such as myself may be able to score an invite ?
    I'm a Pre gal now
  7.    #7  
    okay, update, after about an hour and a half on the phone with Sprint, they got it right. I now have 'conditional call forward' enabled on my 755 Apparently, there is a tech department within the tech department that deals strictly with Treos.... they were the only ones who knew how to activate this service. I gotta give it to Sprint CS though..... the girl I was talking to WOULD NOT let me hang up until she got it working.... compared to usual reps who race to get you off the phone, my hats off to her for excellent customer service. She did an amazing job of tracking me down an answer. Anyway, got it up and running and Im VERY happy
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Persistence Pays!

Great Job!