Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I have already searched around and not gotten a conclusive answer...

How is your battery life on your 755p? Please list talk/standby time and what your average use per day is (i.e. 30 min calls, 20 emails, 30 text).

I ask this because I just got the 755 and have had it for about a week. I am down to 10% battery left with only 12 hours of standby, daily. On a weekday, I use only about 5-10 minutes of calls, 5 text messages and receive about 8-10 emails, and still I have only about 10% battery life left after 12 hours. I tried it with push email on and off (set to manual) and both yield the same battery life. I installed a battery logger on the phone to keep track of the last 3 days, and the battery consistently drops 1%-2% every ten minutes. Only 3rd party program is the Battery Logger, which I installed after a few days of bad battery, I don't use BT, and maybe 15 minutes of web a WEEK.

One weird issue I noticed is when I charge the phone to 100% and unplug it from the charger, it immediately drops to 90-95%. Sprint has already given me a new battery to try, and it does the exact same thing.

Does anyone else have this issue? Should I exchange it for another 755p? Should I exchange it for something else? I am still within 30 days...
    When I take it off the charger, it drops down immediately to 99%.

What is the url to the battery logger app? Is it freeware?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Mmmmm....something is not right. Are you in a weak signal area? Is your treo constantly switching between evdo and 1xrtt?
    1 to 2% drain every 10 minutes is not normal.

If it drains this fast after a hard reset with nothing added . . . . .you probably need a new unit.

As stated above . . .. . . a weak signal area could also be the problem.

If the battery does not drain fast after the hard reset . . . . you probably have corrupt software and need to do a clean install.

Be sure to hot sync before doing a hard reset to save your data.
    Battery life on my 755p is pretty bad. That is, compared to my 650. I suspected it may be the fact that it's EvDO, but I can't think of anything in the DO standard that would necessarily suck up more juice. I was thinking of a better battery, but considering that anything that would fit inside the standard case would only increase the capacity at most by 50%, and it would still be far inferior to the life my 650 had. I'm never too far from a charging device, so I guess I'll live with it, but it does truly suck, comparison-wise.

Mark
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Yeah I am not even in an EVDO area. Phone is set to Sprint only so no roaming and in very high signal area. I just exchanged it tonight, so we'll see how it goes.
    yea my treo 650p lasted way longer then this new 755p ...the 700p was bad but the 755p has a smaller battery then all three of them.
    Does anyone know if the battery from the 650 will fit within the 755 cavity? I know it's too thick, but are the length and width the same, and do the contacts line up properly?

Reason is that I'm going on a long, long trip and would like to watch videos and listen to music while traveling. I can get some 650 batteries, and jury rig something to hold them in place - *IF* they'll sorta kinda fit.
    I drop to 96% immediately after unplugging the charger. With GetGood running, my battery is at 40% by 2pm.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    FYI... I use 'Battery Graph' to track my battery performance. Freeware.

http://palm.jeroenwitteman.com/BatteryGraph/
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I had no problem with the battery life on my 755p, although I did see all of the postings on this issue, but just ignored them.

Now, my phone died and insurance sent me a brand new one. I hot sync and was okay, except that I did start to notice a quick drop in battery life, which I did not have before.

Yesterday I was almost dead by the end of the day, and today it was dead by 12pm after about 20 or 0 minutes of phone use.

I am using the new battery that came with it, so I am not sure if it is the phone or battery. Will try and call sprint tomorrow and see what they say
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    i got my 755p and i draned it all the way and then recharged it and i am geting good bat life i can use my 755p for like aday inahalf allmost 2days oh i am jeremy and i am new here and new to the treo world
    Last edited by monster28; 10/03/2007 at 01:35 PM.
    I also get a full day to 2 days without recharge. I do a minimum of 100+ texts daily and a couple of hours of web usage. My talk time is usually 30 minutes a day. I don't have BT connections or exchange email going on. I do have my backlight brightness somewhat reduced because I don't need/like it that bright and to conserve battery.
    Whether these instructions would apply to the stock battery supplied with the 755P (or any Treo), I do not know. . . . but these are the instructions I received with my LION Battery 2400 mAh for my Treo 650:

Fully drain (5%?) and charge the battery 3 to 5 times to fully set the battery's chemistry for best power and then keep it "topped off" as often as possible thereafter for longevity. I followed those instructions and that 2400 mAh gave me great service. I have also used this procedure on my Seidio 2100 mAh for the 755p and am very pleased with the service that I am getting so far.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/02/2007 at 06:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Whether these instructions would apply to the stock battery supplied with the 755P, I do not know. . . . but these are the instructions I received with my LION Battery 2400 mAh for my Treo 650:

Fully drain (5%?) and charge the battery 3 to 5 times to fully set the battery's chemistry for best power and then keep it "topped off" as often as possible thereafter for longevity. I followed those instructions and that 2400 mAh gave me great service. I have also used this procedure on my Seidio 2100 mAh for the 755p and am very pleased with the service that I am getting.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry! Here you are! I thought you had abandoned us. Welcome back!
    Same here. I was so happy with my Treo 650. Never ran out of battery. Rarely a day when I passed under the 80% bar.

I am in the process of returning my Treo 755p --- what a pain, by the way... --- that sucker can't get to a 100% charge and litterally loses 1-2% every 15 minutes. This is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Perry! Here you are! I thought you had abandoned us. Welcome back!
    Hey whmurray !!

Always lurking.

Cheers, Perry.
    The battery life on the 755p is really my single (and really only) biggest complaint about it vs. the 700p. But at the same time, I'm sort of comparing apples to oranges since I switched from VZW to Sprint and now have great coverage at work, so I'm using the phone more. Even so, I feel like the battery life on the 755p is significantly worse than the 700p. I think I'll have to try the Seidio 2100.

One thing I want to emphasize is the weak signal issue. On my VZW 700p, if I left the phone on at work, the battery would be dead by 5pm with NO usage whatsoever because is was constantly searching for a signal. That's from 100% to dead in 8 hours with no usage at all. I guess Palm forgot to program some kind of powersaving mode in areas with no/poor coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone View Post
    The battery life on the 755p is really my single (and really only) biggest complaint about it vs. the 700p. But at the same time, I'm sort of comparing apples to oranges since I switched from VZW to Sprint and now have great coverage at work, so I'm using the phone more. Even so, I feel like the battery life on the 755p is significantly worse than the 700p. I think I'll have to try the Seidio 2100.

One thing I want to emphasize is the weak signal issue. On my VZW 700p, if I left the phone on at work, the battery would be dead by 5pm with NO usage whatsoever because is was constantly searching for a signal. That's from 100% to dead in 8 hours with no usage at all. I guess Palm forgot to program some kind of powersaving mode in areas with no/poor coverage.
    Power efficiency is one of the features of CDMA. The down side of that is use of a lot of power in the absence of a strong signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeroxbury View Post
    Same here. I was so happy with my Treo 650. Never ran out of battery. Rarely a day when I passed under the 80% bar.

I am in the process of returning my Treo 755p --- what a pain, by the way... --- that sucker can't get to a 100% charge and litterally loses 1-2% every 15 minutes. This is ridiculous.
    Hi Joe!

You are right. What you describe is not normal or expected behavior. You either have a bad unit, a bad battery or a software corruption.A clean install might remedy a software corruption.

(If you just hot synced your 755p to your prior device userid to transfer data -- this would be highly recommended.)

Cheers, Perry.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/02/2007 at 03:58 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast