1.    #1  
    Here is an interesting question: If Sprint's Family Locator Plan can track "child" phones with GPS including the 755p, why can't the 755p be considered "GPS Enabled" like the BB8830 and an application developed to track current location, directions, etc. without an external GPS receiver?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Hi Gadgetfreak !!

It appears that the Sprint Family Locator Plan will send you a message (On Web or to a "Parent" enabled phone) when your child "moves away" from a designated "landmark" that you have set up. Most new phones come with the "911 Locater Chip" -- it is not true GPS -- it is just cell tower triangulation. Tower triangulation is good enough to say someone has moved significantly from a "set landmark" but it is not good enough for turn by turn navigation.

Now I am really guessing -- but civilian GPS is good to within 5 to 10 feet and I am going to estimate cell tower triangulation is good to within 1/4 to 1/2 mile.

Anyone else, please jump in and correct anything I have said.

Cheers, Perry.