1.    #1  
    Actually, this was happening to me on my old phone (old 1.10MR), too, but sometimes when I launch Blazer after a hotsync or a reset (I have not fugured out the exact sequence to recreate this), I get 30 seconds of whitescreen.

Has anyone else encountered this or have any suggestions how to fix it?
    I have experienced this as well. I am not entirely sure, but I think it may have to do with Blazer flushing the dbcache during those 30 seconds.
    Yes Ihad it before and still have it after the MR update. But this long delay only happens when accessing blazer for the first time of the day. The only thing that happens at night it a scheduled backup (BackupMan).

The long delay also happen when accessing the 1st sms of the day.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Pre MR I did not have any delays going into Blazer (or anywhere else for that matter). Post MR, and after a nightly NVBackup with phone reset, I will get a delay going into blazer. Not sure if this is true 100% of the time, but, if I wake up in the morning and go straight into Blazer there is not a delay, but if I first launch Pocket Tunes, listen to some music, then launch Blazer there is the 30 second delay.
    Sprint Treo 700P.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    The "whitescreen" delay with Blazer launch is triggered when dbcache free memory drops below, as best I can tell, about 5K. It is indeed what the user gets while dbcache is being flushed. The times that this happens correlates well with what you guys are saying. Hotsyncs and backups use up a lot of dbcache! Just like with Windows on the PC, apps grab memory when launched and running and don't always give it all back when closed, or at least it is fragmented and not available for other apps to use.

Since installing the first MR 1.10, I have actually had less "whitescreen blazer launches."
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Forgive my ignorance, is dbcache not cleared after a soft reset?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, is dbcache not cleared after a soft reset?
    After a soft reset, I have around 10K (rounded) of dbcache available. After running Resco Explorer "flush dbcache" immediately thereafter, I have 16K of dbcache available. So while dbcache is most likely cleared at the start of a reboot, the loading of apps and "launch code 5" logging eats up, in my case 6K of dbcache. So bottom line, after a soft reset, dbcache is not in an "optimized state."

However, similar to PC memory clearing, you will notice a slowness immediately thereafter for a bit, because operating system and always running apps' code that needs to be in memory gets cleared. Same is true with dbcache. So whatever dbcache you have after a soft reset is probably the optimum compromise between available dbcache and preloaded processes in dbcache for speedy operation.
    Last edited by wellsjs; 09/26/2007 at 08:47 AM.
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    The "whitescreen" delay with Blazer launch is triggered when dbcache free memory drops below, as best I can tell, about 5K. It is indeed what the user gets while dbcache is being flushed. The times that this happens correlates well with what you guys are saying. Hotsyncs and backups use up a lot of dbcache! Just like with Windows on the PC, apps grab memory when launched and running and don't always give it all back when closed, or at least it is fragmented and not available for other apps to use.

Since installing the first MR 1.10, I have actually had less "whitescreen blazer launches."
    Agree 100% - that's always been my experience as well. I thought Resco Backup had some unique capability to minimize dbCache use, so you might see less dbCache lag with that app vs others. I don't know for sure since I'm using BackupBuddy.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    Agree 100% - that's always been my experience as well. I thought Resco Backup had some unique capability to minimize dbCache use, so you might see less dbCache lag with that app vs others. I don't know for sure since I'm using BackupBuddy.
    Resco Backup has selectable options (independent of each other) to clear dbcache and/or soft reset automatically after a backup. Other than that, it has no dbcache management functionality.
    All true. I was specifically thinking of the Prevent DbCache Fragmentation option as being unique to Resco Backup.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Forgot about that setting . . . you are absolutely right. Probably because I've never enabled it. In fact I don't do the flush or reset either. My Treo's right by my head, face down, on the night stand at 4 AM when it does a backup. I want it to do it quick and turn off. Definately don't want the reset with the network connect jingle going off!