Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Its not news, because of the delays, but there is still no word on the 755p. The 6800 demo is available in stores to look at if you ask for it, running wm6 and weighs so much less then a 650 or 700. The 6800 is available next month, but no price yet. I may give up on the treo and go with the new Q because it looks sweet and feels sweet. It has the abridged version of wm6. If and when the 755p comes out on verizon, it will be in the 400.00 price range.
    that's why I switched to sprint....and could not be happier! woohoo! the 755p is great!
    Of course it's not coming to Verizon. We've seen that they actually have a functional QA department compared to Sprint and won't allow the device on their network until Palm fixes all the bugs that are carry-overs from the 700p. I mean...just the dial tone bug - seriously Palm. Get your **** in gear already.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    the 755p has been rock solid for me, and the sprint 3G has been a pleasure to use. Not sure why Verizon is dragging its feet on releasing the 755p???
    Are you claiming your 755 doesn't have the ubiquitous ring-tone bug?
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    What's is the ubiquitous ring-tone bug?

maybe I thought it was a feature instead of a bug
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Are you claiming your 755 doesn't have the ubiquitous ring-tone bug?
    What is the ubiquitous ring tone bug?

Maybe it is ubiquitous, except on my Treo, who knows. I certainly can't imagine giving up my rock solid 755p, by far the best Treo of my 4th models over the years, because of something called a ring tone bug. Regardless of what it might, or might not be ring tones don't effect my productivity in the slightest. My ring tones function quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoHappy View Post
    What is the ubiquitous ring tone bug?

Maybe it is ubiquitous, except on my Treo, who knows. I certainly can't imagine giving up my rock solid 755p, by far the best Treo of my 4th models over the years, because of something called a ring tone bug. Regardless of what it might, or might not be ring tones don't effect my productivity in the slightest. My ring tones function quite well.
    Sorry, it's call-tone, not ring-tone. And it happens when you have your ringer switch set to off. When using programs and in some cases just tapping the screen you'll get a dial tone sound even though it should be silent.

Even if you don't think it's a big deal, it's a bug, and obviously Verizon won't release it until it and others are fixed.
    I had it post MR on my 700 and both 755(s) I've had have done it - as well as every demo 755 in a Sprint store that I've messed with.
    No, it doesn't effect productivity, but it is annoying.
    Thank you. The point is that there are known bugs/issues with the Sprint version of the 755p, and I'm actually really impressed that Verizon is refusing to release it until they're fixed. It shows some integrety.
    I have the network drops with the 755p, just like I had post MR with the 700p. They are not as frequent, however. The touch tone bug is also present. So no, I don't blame VZW one bit for not signing up for it.
    Matty
  12. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amc41 View Post
    No, it doesn't effect productivity, but it is annoying.
    It can effect productivity.

1. First of all, my phone is supposed to be SILENT. Even something as quiet as that tone can be distracting where I work, it's a faux pas just below the level of letting it actually ring.

2. To lessen the occurrences of this bug, I have to turn off system sounds all the time. I like hearing the sounds when my phone is in ringer mode -- they are helpful audio cues, and most importantly, hearing them when I don't expect to has saved me on a number of occasions where I didn't realize my phone was not on silent.

3. Related to the touch-tone bug is the bug in which the first second or so of a sound starts from a very low volume before rising to its set volume (there are features that do this intentionally, but this is not that, and can't be turned off). If you want to use a very short tone, for instance for an alarm or SMS signal, the entire thing can be muted, or too low to hear.

These are not as serious a the error 3000 bug, but it's not just an aesthetic inconvenience. Most of all I find it a sign of just how little Palm, Sprint and Verizon care about their customers and the quality of their products that none of these entities caught this simple and immediately apparent bug, and on top of that, have made no attempt to fix it even though they released an update to fix other bugs introduced with the same patch. I'd love to think Verizon is holding off on the 755p for these reasons, but then why not fix it on the 700p with the underscore update when they had the chance?
    Hmmm... Obviously many of you have experienced this bug, apparently among others, which have caused you displeasure when using your devices.

Many of you using Verizon seem to support their stance of not releasing this device, if that is in fact why Verizon is not offering the 755. This seems to render this thread moot. Why should Verizon make it available if their users don't want this device?

Personally, I haven't been bitten by the bugs described here, and find the device to be everything I've ever wanted from my previous Treo devices.

As a Sprint user, I'm certainly not in a position to comment further on what's best for Verizon users. So I'll just shut up now and be happy Sprint has provided me with a device that more than meets my needs at this time.

Good luck with whatever solution Verizon eventually provides to satisfy your needs.
  14. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    The 755P is coming to Verizon. A few weeks ago, while on the phone with one of the upper level teirs of Verizon data support about the Error 3000 issue, I got a tech to admit that the 755P would be the next Palm unit to come to Verizon but he wouldn't say when.

The reason the 755P isn't out yet is because of the network issue associated with the 700P (i.e., the Error 3000 bug). If Verizon had released the 755P before now, people would have been screaming for replacement 755Ps instead of waiting for the 700P fix. This would have cost Verzion alot more money than sitting and waiting for Palm to fix the 700P, which they did.

I have no more idea than anyone else here when it's coming, but it would make sense that it's coming sooner than later. The 700P is fixed, so nothing's stopping Verizon for releasing the 755P now.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    I think the title of this tread is mis-leading and without merit. No one has any evidence, one way or another, when the 755 is coming to VZW. They likely have the phone and I was the one that talked to the network tech who said they didn't want to bring it out before the 700 problems were fixed. So, to say the 755 is not coming for a while, only confuses an already confusing situation. Common sense would say that VZW would like to bring the 755 out as soon as possible, because they will certainly have people who want buy the phone. The bottom line is, no one seems to know when it will be out, but hopefully in the very near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Sorry, it's call-tone, not ring-tone. And it happens when you have your ringer switch set to off. When using programs and in some cases just tapping the screen you'll get a dial tone sound even though it should be silent.

Even if you don't think it's a big deal, it's a bug, and obviously Verizon won't release it until it and others are fixed.
    So that's why that is! Been driving me nuts.
    FWIW, I'm eager to see the 755P from Verizon and will likely be quick to buy one, as it is an improvement from my 650 (especially given the internal antenna of the 755P and the faster data network it uses). I won't compromise by going to Sprint because I was not happy with Sprint's coverage when I was previously a customer. Plus, I have a family plan with Verizon as well as a Verizon laptop card, so I'm not eager to make a move. I just wish Verizon would offer the 755P sometime soon. Is anyone from Verizon listening? Can you hear us now?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    It has been known for quite a while that when Palm released the 755p Sprint has a six month exclusive on the 755p.

Do the math. Sprint released the 755p mid May 2007 so other vendors have to wait until mid November 2007.

This is very common that when a new model phone is released only One vendor gets exclusive use of the model.

Hope this clears things up.

Rich
    The six month rule does apply for some phones, but not this one. The 755p has passed two "potential" release dates already. I have given up on VZ and am delighted with sprint. Their coverage has improved dramatically since I last tried it 5 years ago.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I think the title of this tread is mis-leading and without merit. No one has any evidence, one way or another, when the 755 is coming to VZW. They likely have the phone and I was the one that talked to the network tech who said they didn't want to bring it out before the 700 problems were fixed. So, to say the 755 is not coming for a while, only confuses an already confusing situation. Common sense would say that VZW would like to bring the 755 out as soon as possible, because they will certainly have people who want buy the phone. The bottom line is, no one seems to know when it will be out, but hopefully in the very near future.
    Sorry have to disagree with you because my friend is the regional manager for verizon. In addition, the sales rep took me to the back and showed me all the new demo's they have for all phones to be released between now and november. The 755p was not one of them. They also said that sales of the 700p are doing well where they cannot keep them in stock. Why would Verizon cheap as they are bring out a new model without first clearing their stock of 700p's?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast