Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I've been running some speed tests using PDANET via usb from my laptop and I am only getting about half the speed. Using http://www.testmy.net/ on Blazer I get about 1100 Kbps, but PDANET on my laptop only gets about 500 Kbps.

Has anyone been able to get anything faster using PDANET?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I'm not a PDA Net user, but with USB modem I typically get above a meg and have seen connections as high as 2 meg.

Using BT I typically get around 500K and sometimes approaching 600K
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I think that testmy.net speeds might be inflated by as much as 100%? I just got a 2 meg reading from blazer on the Treo. Before that on dslreports.com/mspeed the best I have got it a tad over 400K.

That might account for the difference. Also I have seen vastly different test speeds from EVDO in back-to-back tests so it is hard to predict what you are going to get at any given moment.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have the option to speed up evdo connection checked (on desktop app), and get consistent 2.4 MB rates with cable and somewhat less (varies) with bluetooth.
    My Blazer download speed was 2015kbps. My PDANET speed was only 348kbps.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pipdawg View Post
    I've been running some speed tests using PDANET via usb from my laptop and I am only getting about half the speed. Using http://www.testmy.net/ on Blazer I get about 1100 Kbps, but PDANET on my laptop only gets about 500 Kbps.

Has anyone been able to get anything faster using PDANET?
    The most accurate test site that i've found using a computer is speedtest.net and on the a mobile phone is dslreports.com/mspeed . If you use one of these you'll get a more consistent accurate picture of your true speed.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts