1.    #1  
    I just got a refurb phone this week, a few days before the new MR was posted and since it is working fine, I was wondering whether maybe they started shipping phones with the new 1.10. It looks like that is what I got.

The Software listed under Phone Info on hte old one is Treo700p-1.10-VZW
    New New one has an underscore in it: Treo700p_-1.10-VZW
  2. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
    I just got a refurb phone this week, a few days before the new MR was posted and since it is working fine, I was wondering whether maybe they started shipping phones with the new 1.10. It looks like that is what I got.

The Software listed under Phone Info on hte old one is Treo700p-1.10-VZW
    New New one has an underscore in it: Treo700p_-1.10-VZW
    Very likely the case. If you recall; when the Verizon MR came out the first time, it went to Verizon first on SD cards well before it was posted for public download. I'd guess Verizon received this updated the week of 9/10, based on the build date of the installer.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Yes the release with the "_" underscore is the new release. No need to update that phone. Apparently the fix has been out for several weeks and Verizon started shipping units with the new release shortly after it was available.

I'm sure the held off on releasing the self install until it could be tested. But as you can see from the sticky thread in this forum the USB install from a PC has problems. SD install is always safer anyhow.
    I can confirm this too. I got a replacement verizon 700p on about Sept 15th; it has the underscore in the phone info software, and it has not had a single data/network problem.
    I've only had mine a couple of weeks, but i don't have the new one. Got it from Assurion though (new retail box). LOL, but i'm scared to even attempt to do anything to it. I think i'll give you guys another week or so to test it out for me!
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way