Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Rukes's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
       #1  
    I had a 1.06 Palm 700p, thankfully waited when the original 1.10 came out and didn't install it. Now that the new one is out, I upgraded to it, and my phone is permanently in "Network Search...".

    I called Palm and they have no idea what to do to fix it, the only thing the could do is charge me $50 to send me a new phone, which they refuse to budge on, saying "We didn't force you to update your phone". Great.

    Anyone have any ideas to fix this? Tried soft, hard and warm resetting and nothing.
  2. ~Q~
    ~Q~ is offline
    ~Q~'s Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukes View Post
    I had a 1.06 Palm 700p, thankfully waited when the original 1.10 came out and didn't install it. Now that the new one is out, I upgraded to it, and my phone is permanently in "Network Search...".

    I called Palm and they have no idea what to do to fix it, the only thing the could do is charge me $50 to send me a new phone, which they refuse to budge on, saying "We didn't force you to update your phone". Great.

    Anyone have any ideas to fix this? Tried soft, hard and warm resetting and nothing.
    I'd call Verizon. Perhaps you lost the data in your phone that authenticates you to the wireless network.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

    The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
  3. #3  
    Did you try *228? When I updated from 1.06 to the flawed 1.10 I had to dial *228 and pick option 1.

    When I updated from 1.10 to _1.10 I didn't have to dial *228
  4. Rukes's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
       #4  
    Well that's the thing, I called Verizon and they couldn't figure out what to do.

    I can't do *228 because I would obvioulsly be connected to the network then
  5. Rukes's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
       #5  
    Well I found a workaround! Go to Options -> Select Band. Change it from Home to Automatic A or Automatic B. Then you will get connected (without the Verizon banner, but with that Triangle icon next to the Ev one.

    From there, you can *22899 and reprogram the phone. It will restart, put you back on Verizon and select the band back to the original one!
  6. ~Q~
    ~Q~ is offline
    ~Q~'s Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukes View Post
    Well I found a workaround! Go to Options -> Select Band. Change it from Home to Automatic A or Automatic B. Then you will get connected (without the Verizon banner, but with that Triangle icon next to the Ev one.

    From there, you can *22899 and reprogram the phone. It will restart, put you back on Verizon and select the band back to the original one!
    Neither Verizon nor Palm could help you with this?? That seems quite odd.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

    The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
  7. Rukes's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    Neither Verizon nor Palm could help you with this?? That seems quite odd.
    No kidding. It was pretty much "Lets try a soft/hard reset" about 50 times, then "Well, it's fried, give us your money for a new one". Pretty sad...
  8. #8  
    I think its a PRL problem related
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d

Posting Permissions