Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I use only macs. Did SD card update, no problems, only improvement in data speed and connectivity. Only issue I have had so far was it had been about a month since I did a prl update so a few hours after I updated and verified that the phone was fine I did a *228 option 2 and the phone froze after the update and I had to soft reset it to get it back and functioning but I have seen that before before the update so I was not too concerned. prl stayed at same level anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD View Post
    I bet that part of this problem is due to the sh1tty cable connection that Palm provides.
    Agree completely. The Athena connector hasn't been 100% reliable for me either (the data pins anyway). I gave up on it long ago and went with BT sync even though it's much slower.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by kludge View Post
    I use only macs. Did SD card update, no problems, only improvement in data speed and connectivity. Only issue I have had so far was it had been about a month since I did a prl update so a few hours after I updated and verified that the phone was fine I did a *228 option 2 and the phone froze after the update and I had to soft reset it to get it back and functioning but I have seen that before before the update so I was not too concerned. prl stayed at same level anyhow.
    Good to know, thanks. Now I have to find my card reader and then figure out how to do an SD card update...
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    one caveat. The phone I upgraded was already at 1.10 (from factory) and all it installed was the network fixes (and possibly some other minor things). However, I have not heard of wide spread problems with installing from mac and the files you download should be exactly the same weather you d/l from mac or pc.
    SO, its sounding like THIS release they did it right? I'd really like to get the update. But am a little nervous about doing so given everyone's past experience.
    I had done an SD upgrade from 1.06 to 1.10, and things were worse It took some courage, but I did the upgrade to _1.10 by PC yesterday. It took about 10 minutes and markedly improved lag time . It remains to see how - or if - the new upgrade improves the BT connectivity, but everything else seems to have been addressed...at last!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I originally updated w/sd method and it did not take. I then popped the card out, reformatted then copied to the card again and re-updated. Worked great the second time around. I should have known it would take two times to get it right. At least it worked!! Now let's see how it works in the long term...........
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    well it's taken way way too long to get to this point, but after a few days with the _1.10 update, I can say it's a HUGE improvement for my phone. Way less lag, no network connectivity problems (both using Blazer and internet via DUN)
    I just finished my SD update and then did *228 to get my "Verizon Wireless" phone banner back. All seems to be working fine. Whew. What a relief to have this over with...
    Quote Originally Posted by heel5man View Post
    I did the update last night coming from 1.06 on a Verizon 700p using a Mac. I used the SD method and everything looked like it was going fine until the very end when the phone went to boot up. I got stuck in an endless reboot cycle where it ended up back at the stylus target tap every time. Hard resets didn't help.

I took the phone to Verizon and a replacement 700p is on the way. Just for curiosity, I called Palm support. They tried a hard reset and a warm reset. The warm reset brought up the phone screen, but the hard reset put me back in the reboot cycle. Palm support said I needed a new phone.

Just a heads up, maybe it's because I'm on MAC and not PC that I had the issue?
    I am also a Mac user and had the same damn problem exactly. I somehow stopped the cylce by taking the battery out but leaving it plugged into the AC cord. I reformatted my sd card and did the install again, without doing a hard reset. It seems to be working, but I do notice a few things slightly different. I few apps which I have removed are back again after hot sync, but I think that is my fault w/ settings. But I now hear an extra "chime" just before a text comes through with its assigned ring. Also, I still get a slight lag/lockup at times during texting, sometimes even just turning the power on!

Also, after a hot sync, my phone automatically reboots. It shouldn't do this, should it?

I think a trip to Verizon is in order. But I can see them giving me a hard time, cuz the phone appears to be working on the surface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx View Post
    I just finished my SD update and then did *228 to get my "Verizon Wireless" phone banner back. All seems to be working fine. Whew. What a relief to have this over with...

I also had the roaming symbol while out of town the other day, in a place I've never gotten it before. I hope I dont get charged. I did the *228 today. We'll see if that helped.
    I updated from .06 to _.10

It was supposed to take 35 mins, according to the countdown on the screen it took like 5. It did complete though.

Now on my home screen I have three new icons:

CDMA Updater, which when I click on it has an 'update now' button
    and
    DC - device customizer, which has a little square icon and has some info that I don't understand in it.
    and
    ROM updater, which says ERROR LOADING DEVICE UPDATER LIBRARY

I checked the phone and it does say it is now version _.10.

I did the *228.

Should I do something or delete these things or -- ?

Thanks,
    Sarina
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    well I spoke too soon and jinxed my phone. yesterday was the first time since the update friday that I had been outside my normal service area. after a long teathered session my phone rebooted. seemed fine until I used tom tom. several functions were not working after the reboot so I battery reset and later soft reset again. things seemed fine and then when I got home and exited tom tom I got an error stating that device memory was low and some settings could not be saved. I got the error twice with a long delay in between then the phone reset. I knew I was in trouble because I had the select language screen and sure enough something caused a hard reset on my phone. I have no idea if it was the treo or tom tom navigator that was giving the error.

I had done a small tom tom update on wendesday that was a phone update for internet connectivity with some new phones, however all was fine after that update until yesterday afternoon.

I have had one more spontaneous reset since relooading all my data and applications from backup last evening.

I had simelar bad behaviour from tom tom after the original 1.10 release that settled down after a few days. for some reason after these updates tom tom freeks out 5 days to a week after the update.

I don't know what to make of this. good thing I had a semi recent backup. I had to delete and recreate my exchange active sync profile in versamail and re-sync to start getting it to sync items created on the phone. it was one way sync until then. that is the first time I have ran into that issue.

if this happens again I will request a replacement with _1.10 on it from the factory. I should have just stayed on the 1.10 release since I was not having too many problems, but data access in 1X areas was not working right. it was better after the upgrade until the crashes yesterday.

also, has anyone else noticed that you can't get crash info using #*#377# anymore? mine just always reports a crash I had back on 8/29 when I was traveling and I have had 4 crashes since then
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx View Post
    Good to know, thanks. Now I have to find my card reader and then figure out how to do an SD card update...

If you want to update withou having to wait for prompts, in other words, the faster way, dial *22899 It will automajically go straight to the update.
    Stupid f-ing thing. I backed my wife's Treo up, did a hard reset as you're supposed to do, installed the update, and restored everything. Everything's back intact - and all her contacts are gone.

Sure they fixed the network problems, but her contacts are all gone for good. Now what are we supposed to do.
    Oh, it restored 20 of her 150 contacts. And I should add that we had backups on two machines.

What an annoying piece of crap. I can't wait for something better than the Treo to come along. This unreliable POS is *so* fired.
    It doesn't sound like your backup program restored the file correctly.

If you have the contacts on the computer, simply hotsync it with the option of desktop overwrites handheld.

If not, try restoring the contacts databases (there are at least two) from a previous backup and not just the last one.
    OK here it is. Did the update yesterday. Main problem seemed to be when I hotsynced after the update, not all of my programs came back. Had to reinstall voice dial. Just now also discovered Kinoma is borked. Icon is there but libraries are missing.
    I tried a full restore using card backup but ended up with a repeating loop forcing me to hard reset and do a new hotsync.
    Internet working ok from PDA but have not tried tethering yet.
    Thanks cavingjan.

How do you restore the Contacts databases from a previous backup?

Obviously it didn't restore the file correctly; I'm hoping it backed it up correctly in the first place.
    And I just discovered that I've lost all my pictures and videos. Before updating my wife's Treo, I backed up mine once more for good luck and then erased my memory card to update her machine.

Well, the back-up program didn't bother with those.

I'm calling Verizon tomorrow morning to take these POS back. This is just awful.

Goodbye Treos.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast