Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroth View Post
    I am noticing something a little interesting that also happened after the original MR.

I use a seperate Network connection that connects me to my ISP on a dial up connection. I would go into preferences and setup a "Virtual Modem" connection, enter my ISPs username and password, along with their dial-up access number.

When I did the first MR update I had issues connecting with this profile, and i stopped using it... But after a month or so I decided to try it again, and it worked. I don't know what i did differently. What it does is actually give me the Error 3000, even though it only should be dialing out and connecting to the local number.

I have also found that if I setup a Verizon QNC Connection, as a "Virtual Modem" with a username and password of QNC and #777 as the phone number it DOES conect and is really fast. I have no idea if it uses data usage, or just your minutes like the DialUp one does...

MY reasoning for using it over the Unlimited Data plan is that it worked pretty fast and is a FREE option. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them...

Update - Aside from all this, the Broadband access has performed flawlessly....

Be careful with your "Free" option. According to the wireless agreement with Verizon, if you exceed a given amount of data for a period of 3 months straight, they have the right to stop service or charge for excessive usage unless you are paying the $15 month for tethering.
    I updated using the SD card reader method successfully. I can confirm network signon is fast and no 3000 errors. Speed seems same as before, but with less latency (i.e. less waiting for the page to start to load) The MMS/pic message sending problems (No NationalAccess coverage error) I have been plagued with are gone. I do not experience the data lag after making & ending calls, perhaps 2-5 seconds. I have tested in Hollywood, Downtown LA, Hollywood Hills and the Warner lot in Burbank. I still get the weird tone errors. Overall I'm happy. Damn shame it took so long.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Updated last night using SD card method. Nothing but resets ever since (about 20 of them in 2 hrs). I didn't have this many resets in a month with version 1.06! I'm *@#&^)% pissed.
    Okay. I finally decided to update my 1.06 700. Of course, I used the SD card method, which went fine. I had done a hotsync and also a backup to my card. I restored from the card and didn't seem to loose anything. Speed is quicker, negligible delays, etc. The only issue I see is that I usually want receipts for text messages (I know the option was changed in the MR). When I check the box that I want receipts, it won't stay check. Not really a big problem.

A few weeks ago I did a clean install of all my applications. That made it run really good. If I hadn't done that clean install recently, I would have done a clean install after this MR update. I just think it's best after a hardware or software update.
    Quote Originally Posted by scodav View Post
    Be careful with your "Free" option. According to the wireless agreement with Verizon, if you exceed a given amount of data for a period of 3 months straight, they have the right to stop service or charge for excessive usage unless you are paying the $15 month for tethering.
    I actually only use it to check my email once a day, or to check the status of my websites. It wound up costing me about $10/month on the pay as you go, I just was excited to save that per month... I definitely can't warrant the unlimited data plan, but I have been considering one of the smaller "bucket" plans...
    Palm Downloads and Treo Tips and Tricks:
    Opensourcepalm.com
    does anybody with the verizon 1.06 rom version have the tonelib files as mentioned in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=145262

It appears that the DTMF tone issue was solved for Sprint users by installing the older toneslib files. I tested the Sprint versions with the old 1.10 MR, but it crashed my 700p.

Please post the files if you have them!
    It looks like the update has solved the "3000" errors (so far). . . Has anyone noticed any difference with anything else (bluetooth, battery drain, etc)?

bob
    Quote Originally Posted by nevadabob View Post
    It looks like the update has solved the "3000" errors (so far). . . Has anyone noticed any difference with anything else (bluetooth, battery drain, etc)?

bob
    I am not sure if this is because of update or just because I had to re-setup it and its buggy, but I can no longer tell verizon wireless sync to not hang up my wireless connection after each sync - so my phone now spends a lot of time "connecting" to the network. The option is there on the screen but it cannot be changed via screen OR arrows - it just skips over the pulldown. The funny bit is that I could have sworn it worked just after the upgrade. Very strange.

Also while overall navigation is slightly zippier (only in comparison to pre-update, still dog slow overall, even comparing to 650) there are a lot more "freeze up" moments when phone just won't let you do anything. This is particularly noticeable when it does this while you are attempting to hang up, sometimes it may take over a minute just to get the hangup request to register. This was happening before update too but it seems to be a lot more frequent and longer now.

Battery power does seems to be drained quicker, with 5 hours since last full charge, 10 minutes of phone calls, sync running and maybe 5-10 minutes of playing a game, the battery is below 50%. But it may be because of constant re-connections for sync.

-HH
    Well, I am glad that the update is working for some.

Unless something went terribly wrong, I still get the 3000 error message.

If I connect through the BroadbandAccess profile, I do not get the error, but I am not paying for Verizon's overpriced data!

If I use the method that worked perfectly in 1.06, connecting through dial-up to my parents (or my) ISP, at&t worldnet, then I get the 3000 message everytime.

I am going to try reapplying the update again, to make sure that nothing went bad.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    installed the -10 to _10 update yesterday. all seems fine. was out on my motorcycle today in WV in a poor reception 1x area. Both web aqnd wireless sync worked fine. Sppedd seemed good for 1x and no drop offs, etc. Whether the battery will now drain too fast since the connection seems never to time out we shall see. Otherwise its nice to have my trreo back.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hichhiker View Post
    I am not sure if this is because of update or just because I had to re-setup it and its buggy, but I can no longer tell verizon wireless sync to not hang up my wireless connection after each sync - so my phone now spends a lot of time "connecting" to the network. The option is there on the screen but it cannot be changed via screen OR arrows - it just skips over the pulldown. The funny bit is that I could have sworn it worked just after the upgrade. Very strange.
    -HH
    After the original 1.10 MR I noticed that the option in Wireless Sync to stay connected or whatever had been taken away as well. It now says disconnect when not needed and you cannot change it. It has been this way since I did the original 1.10 update (actually this is a replacement phone so it had 1.10 on it when I got it). This is more likely a change in newer versions of Wireless Sync. When you get a new phone or hard reset the phone has to reinstall the application. It should go out and download the newest version and that I think is were the change is being made?

However I have my network prefs set to Connect to the data network whenever the phone is turned on and my data connection does not disconnect and does not have to re-connect for each sync.
    Also while overall navigation is slightly zippier (only in comparison to pre-update, still dog slow overall, even comparing to 650) there are a lot more "freeze up" moments when phone just won't let you do anything. This is particularly noticeable when it does this while you are attempting to hang up, sometimes it may take over a minute just to get the hangup request to register. This was happening before update too but it seems to be a lot more frequent and longer now.
    -HH
    Are other people seeing this? I saw this before the update. I just updated to tonight. I was hoping that the update would fix this. Prior to the update I would have to be careful and not say anything as I waited for it to hang up.
  13. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by professordave View Post
    Are other people seeing this? I saw this before the update. I just updated to tonight. I was hoping that the update would fix this. Prior to the update I would have to be careful and not say anything as I waited for it to hang up.
    When you guys are saying pre-update, are you saying from 1.06 or 1.10? I never had 1.06 so I don't know, but from the original 1.10 I don't see any difference in regards to lag, except that the initiating of data connections is happening faster. I still get lag and lots of cases where the phone freezes for 30 seconds or more, especially when going in and out of coverage, but usually for no discernible reason. And I definitely had times where I made some kind of comment about the person I had just been talking to on the phone, only to realize that it still hadn't hung up.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM View Post
    When you guys are saying pre-update, are you saying from 1.06 or 1.10? I never had 1.06 so I don't know, but from the original 1.10 I don't see any difference in regards to lag, except that the initiating of data connections is happening faster. I still get lag and lots of cases where the phone freezes for 30 seconds or more, especially when going in and out of coverage, but usually for no discernible reason. And I definitely had times where I made some kind of comment about the person I had just been talking to on the phone, only to realize that it still hadn't hung up.
    I upgraded directly from 1.06 to underscore 1.10 (we really need a better name for the "new" 1.10)

-HH
    I think Palm has changed the CDMAUpdater to fix the Error 3000. But both version is still 188

Verizon (188)
    09/05/2007 06:23 PM 4,743,102 CDMAFirmwareUpdater.bprc (New one)
    06/16/2007 02:06 PM 4,736,743 CDMAFirmwareUpdater.bprc (3000 Error one)

So something is different, I have to look at it with PRC Explorer later
    ---
    Sprint (187)

04/16/2007 03:52 PM 4,735,555 CDMAFirmwareUpdater.bprc

Can anyone still use bitpim after the ##RADIO upgrade? or use AT$QCDMG?

Thanks
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Update...

I did the update a couple hours after it was available on friday... I've been using the web access as much as I could. It seems much faster, no 3000 errors...

I also used the SD card install method. Took all of about 8 min. So far I think its pretty decent. No real issues.

just my $.02
    Where does one get the vzw BT DUN patch these days?

-HH
    Try here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115986
    I noticed one other person mention this above, but has anyone else noticed that since the update battery life is HORRIBLE?! Mine was fully charged when I got it off the charger this morning... have made all of two phone calls.. and only accessed the network 3x to reverse look up a phone.. and at 4 pm I am at 35%... I WAS at 39% and put it on my charger at work.... AND IT CONTINUED TO DRAIN POWER?!?!?!

What the heck?

How in the world can it lose power as it is being charged? (And yes, I confirmed it was actually charging...)...

Man, if I have to recharge the thing every 6 hours of NO USE, this is ridiculous?! Why, oh why, can't Palm do ANYTHING RIGHT anymore?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Bluetooth still not working properly.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    Bluetooth still not working properly.
    Perhaps you can be more specific. That way others can determine whether it is a widespread issue or limited to your situation only.

In my case I never had any problem with BT under the original 1.06, using only a Jabra JX-10. I did have a problem where the Caller ID displayed the previous number with my Kenwood carkit, but that has been fixed in 1.10.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast