Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    In the NYC area. For the last week or so the amount of errors seemed to decrease but it did not go back to pre -MR days. With this update web browsing and email downloads with Snapper are significantly faster, no errors, device a bite snappier. Very pleased.
    Updated my phone and a store display phone and both are working great. I haven't seen a single error with trying to connect to either Broadband Access or to my own ISP (dial up) account...

I don't see any other enhancements yet, though...
    Palm Downloads and Treo Tips and Tricks:
    Opensourcepalm.com
    Updated with SD successfully... 1X area works like it did with 1.06 - which is a good thing.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scodav View Post
    A forum, by definition, encourages these types of "blanket statements" for further discussion.

Not taking sides, just promoting the spirit of a forum.
    I couldn't disagree more, or perhaps you are just missing the point. Blanket statements serve no purpose, while the addition of personalization statements help greatly in the decision-making process you are talkng about. If you can't see the difference between "the update doesn't work" and "the update didn't work for me" there is nothing I can do to convince you as to why one statement is helpful and the other is not. Further, he is the ONLY one to have trouble so far, so to paint the update as non-working or requiring a 60-second wait for everyone is misleading.
  5. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    This update did not fix anything, just removed the annoying Error 3000 pop-up ...
    So far, you seem to be the only person saying this.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
  6. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    I couldn't disagree more, or perhaps you are just missing the point. Blanket statements serve no purpose, while the addition of personalization statements help greatly in the decision-making process you are talkng about. If you can't see the difference between "the update doesn't work" and "the update didn't work for me" there is nothing I can do to convince you as to why one statement is helpful and the other is not. Further, he is the ONLY one to have trouble so far, so to paint the update as non-working or requiring a 60-second wait for everyone is misleading.
    This thread is like a bunch of people posted comments to a new product (e.g., www.cnet.com) The bad comments are as valuable as the good ones, but all are valuable. Actually, he later comes back and, in a way, retracts the "It didn't do anything comment." If it were me, I'd consider removing and/or modifying the "I didn't do anything post" but that is me.
    Last edited by ~Q~; 09/22/2007 at 02:03 PM.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Q;

I've used POS & its various devices for 11 years so I know a thing or two about the quirks of the OS. I've got the exact same load of apps & e-mails on my _-1.10- 700p as on my factory-flashed -1.10- and the lag is definitely a touch better. So it appears that something else has been tweaked (of course it can always just my particular handset, which was a pre-flashed VZW refurb sent to me in July).

I have two colleagues with 700p's on Verizon. One is running 1.06 and the other has the older 1.10 version. I'll get both of them to flash their units via the SD card method next week and see if they notice any improvements one way or another.

I just tried setting up a DUN connection on my laptop, both Bluetooth and wired. No problems either way. Continue to color me impressed that the 700p is FINALLY mostly as it should be after 15-16 months of misery. I'm going to drive down the interstate today and leave the strong EVDO area around where I live and work to see how it performs in a marginal 1x area.
  8. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    Q;
    I've used POS & its various devices for 11 years so I know a thing or two about the quirks of the OS. I've got the exact same load of apps & e-mails on my _-1.10- 700p as on my factory-flashed -1.10- and the lag is definitely a touch better. So it appears that something else has been tweaked (of course it can always just my particular handset, which was a pre-flashed VZW refurb sent to me in July).
    Glad to hear we have another vetrian in the group.

I'm only repeating what the Palm installer said during install. It said that if you already have the 1.10 ROM, nothing will be installed, but Network Configuration Setting will be updated.

The Truth About MonaVie:
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Fellow forum users,

I'll be the first one in recognizing the hastiness of my initial post (titled the update did not fix anything) just to realize that this new MR in fact changes the way you do things.

I'll be very clear, the Update DOES SOLVE the Error 3000 as promised. Nonetheless, I was expecting the device to operate the exact same in the 1.06 days, i.e. right after placing a call I could resume my data sessions right away (think seconds after hanging up the call).

This new MR 1.10_ changes the game FOR ME, FOR MY DEVICE. You WILL be able to make data connections without encountering the Error 3000, no question about that. But you do have to wait before being able to do so. I know, waiting 60 second sounds too little but bear in mind this is how I used my phone since I got it.

Then again, I'll defend my post not in its hastiness, but in its nature. You see, I tested the functionality that I was expecting and I did not get results that I expected for as much as I tried, thus prompted me to indicate that what I perceived was a flaw (and I stil do). I'll give you guys that I did not use the right tone to convey the info, but it is what it is.

I'd then add this new way to do things to the new "features" in the 1.10_ list:

- No new mail icon on the phone screen when using Versamail
    - Given the new encryption methods, wait for a minute or so to resume data services after placing/receiving a phone call
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    To all...give it time. Theirs always a "Placebo Effect" when there is change on a Treo.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    ... . This new MR 1.10_ changes the game FOR ME, FOR MY DEVICE. You WILL be able to make data connections without encountering the Error 3000, no question about that. But you do have to wait before being able to do so. I know, waiting 60 second sounds too little but bear in mind this is how I used my phone since I got it....
    Can anyone else verify that it takes them 60 seconds to re-initiate a data connection after a phone call post-new MR? As I previously mentioned, I don't have that problem....I can re-initiate a data connection immediately after a phone call.

The info I am trying to glean is whether this is a single unit problem or widespread problem.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I'm not having any problems using data immediately after a phone call either.
    Maybe something else is causing the 60 second problem.
  13. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    Can anyone else verify that it takes them 60 seconds to re-initiate a data connection after a phone call post-new MR? As I previously mentioned, I don't have that problem....I can re-initiate a data connection immediately after a phone call.

The info I am trying to glean is whether this is a single unit problem or widespread problem.
    I can re-intiate a data connection immediately after a call as well. There is maybe a 2-5 second delay from the time I hit the refresh button to when the "data arrows" start flashing green and the page reloads.

The Truth About MonaVie:
  14. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    To all...give it time. Theirs always a "Placebo Effect" when there is change on a Treo.
    Unlike the previous update (i.e., 1.06->1.10), this fix is immediate. Before the update we had Error 3000s. After the update, no Error 3000s.

Yes there still are a few annoyances related to the original 1.10MR, but they are just that, annoyances. The two at the top of my list are the random tone bug and the lose of the unread email icon.

Overall, I'm much happier with my 700P now than I was with it before the updates.

The Truth About MonaVie:
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Has anyone else who was running the "bad" 1.10 update noticed that switching into the phone app is now MUCH more responsive with the "fixed" 1.10 ?

I do seem to recall reading that (not sure if this was from a Palm support person or just theorized by a member of the TC faithful) that the reason for removing the unreal mail icon from the phone app was one of the necessary compromises made to reduce the overall lag.

Haven't tried the end of a phone call to a data session yet but I will...but that sounds like that might be a device-specific quirk on your 700p
    I'm having no lags problems related to phone call/data session.
    I am noticing something a little interesting that also happened after the original MR.

I use a seperate Network connection that connects me to my ISP on a dial up connection. I would go into preferences and setup a "Virtual Modem" connection, enter my ISPs username and password, along with their dial-up access number.

When I did the first MR update I had issues connecting with this profile, and i stopped using it... But after a month or so I decided to try it again, and it worked. I don't know what i did differently. What it does is actually give me the Error 3000, even though it only should be dialing out and connecting to the local number.

I have also found that if I setup a Verizon QNC Connection, as a "Virtual Modem" with a username and password of QNC and #777 as the phone number it DOES conect and is really fast. I have no idea if it uses data usage, or just your minutes like the DialUp one does...

MY reasoning for using it over the Unlimited Data plan is that it worked pretty fast and is a FREE option. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them...

Update - Aside from all this, the Broadband access has performed flawlessly....
    Last edited by Zeroth; 09/22/2007 at 03:36 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    Palm Downloads and Treo Tips and Tricks:
    Opensourcepalm.com
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post

I just tried setting up a DUN connection on my laptop, both Bluetooth and wired. No problems either way.
    Where does one get the vzw BT DUN patch these days?

-HH
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    There's something wrong with my unit. I did get the Error 3000 for the first time this afternoon... but the strange thing is that again, after a sort delay (few seconds) I was able to initiate a data session.

As I see more and more folk reporting not having this delay issue, I'll be then inclined to singularize my problem to a perhaps faulty unit unless someone else experiences the same.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Installed the update this AM over previous 1.10 update. No 3000 errors yet . . . everything seems very stable. Congrats to the Palm/VZW team!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast