Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I installed the update about 20 min ago, been using the web off and on. Have had NO issues. Will post in the morning to see if its still working.
    I just noted that palm has the 700p rev1 update available on the palm blog.

Here's the url:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...e/verizon.html

Who's going to be the first to install?

bob
  3. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    I ran the update via the desktop method. While the update was successful, it was not without issues. About 3/4 of the way through the update, my computer notified me that it had lost connection with the USB device. The update app seemed to hang. I wait for about 15min, then unplugged the USB and plugged it back in again. The install process then completed, but then tried to restart the update process again. After a few minutes of the restart of the update, the updater said that my device already contained the updated software.

For a few minutes there, I thought I may have had myself a brick...

Bottom line results:

1. It may be wise to run the update via the SD card.

2. The update does seem to fix the network connectivity issues.

3. I lost all of my PIM data. Not a big issues, but annoying none the less.
    Last edited by ~Q~; 09/22/2007 at 12:04 PM.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Had 1.06 and did not install the previous 1.10. Updated using a SD card. The upgrade went just fine, but now i'm stuck on "Network Search..." Any ideas?
    Last edited by Rukes; 09/21/2007 at 08:53 PM.
  5. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    After playing around with it for a bit and restoring my backed up data, I can say that the OS lag during app switching still appears to be every so slightly better. Anyone else noticing this?
    That's because your phone just did a couple hard resets during the upgrade process. Of course it is going to feel a bit snappier. It has nothing to do with the update. If you already had the 1.10 ROM, then all this update does is modify your network configuration settings.
    Last edited by ~Q~; 09/21/2007 at 09:44 PM.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    I've been really busy and can't run the update yet. Can someone try something? The connectivity issue ALWAYS happened immediately after a phone call and usually restored itself after sending a text message of some sort. So can someone make a call, hang up and try to surf the web or google maps?

Thanks...

Hope this is what we've been waiting for!!!
  7. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barakaspeed View Post
    I've been really busy and can't run the update yet. Can someone try something? The connectivity issue ALWAYS happened immediately after a phone call and usually restored itself after sending a text message of some sort. So can someone make a call, hang up and try to surf the web or google maps?

Thanks...

Hope this is what we've been waiting for!!!
    No problem. Made a call, then jumped on Google maps with no problems at all. Fine and dandy.

The Truth About MonaVie:
  8. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Widdy View Post
    Everything seems Ok except that the annoying touch-tone sound is still there.
    I knew it. I knew it! Those s! I was officially done with Palm when they estimated 12 to 18 months for the new OS, but I knew my true sign would be whether they fixed the DTMF bug, which somehow slipped through "quality testing" for both the MR and the 755p. I figure I might as well attempt the upgrade in the hopes of getting a snappier data connection. I'm getting rid of the phone as soon as I can either way, so if it's worse it won't be for long.
    Do SD update and save yourself the trouble.
    Happy so far with the update. Audio Gateway & Kinoma seem ok at first trial.

WP
    I just got Cobalt running on my Foleo! Wanna see screenshots?
    So i read that the update makes the 700p support SDHC cards!?!? Is it true????

i am in the process of updating now...via usb cable
    Honestly I'd give it a solid 1-2 weeks before you can say its truly fixed. And if its truly fixed then HOOR-Ah.
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!
    so my left hand is asleep, from holding my Treo COMPLETELY still for 40 minutes, but it was worth it as the update seems to have worked wonderfully. ill let you all know if i run into any troubles.
  13. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    It's the USB connection. Mine did the same thing. Unplug it then plug it back in.

The Truth About MonaVie:
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    So it looks like I am the first person to get a bricked phone from this update...on the phone with Verizon and they want to send me a new phone, but trying to charge me $50 for it...ugh
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    Honestly I'd give it a solid 1-2 weeks before you can say its truly fixed. And if its truly fixed then HOOR-Ah.
    I agree. to be certain it will take some time. But I am posting this from my treo and still happy so far.
    I never installed MR1 due to the data problems. I couldn't put it off any longer. Lags and resets where p&*+@:ing me off though.

Still happy. knock on wood..

WP
    (sent from treo)
    I just got Cobalt running on my Foleo! Wanna see screenshots?
    My 2 Cents, I noticed data connection issues right as soon as I installed July MR 1.10 I kept waiting for a fix for the 1.10 and finally I had enough after the false alarm on Sept 19. I called Verizon today and should receive a replacement 700p in 3 business days. So about 2-3 hours after I called Verizon, this _1.10 was posted. I performed the update using my cradle, the update took around 8 minutes(hard reset before the update). I had only a few moments where I questioned if anything was happening then the next thing I notice was the Treo Screen was waiting for me to select a language and such.

Net result, I've been off and on the data network, forcing disconnects, using the phone then the data connection, google maps 1.2.0.9 and everything with the data connection seems to be 100 times better than it was in July. When I receive my replacement I'm going to see what MR it comes with, if it doesn't come with _1.10 I'm going to use whatever it comes with for a few days before doing the _1.10 update again.

But my phone is currently working quite well, it has been 4 hours since i updated to _1.10
    So... It's been less than an hour, and I already am seeing the exact same random reseting that I had before the update. Chatter doesn't seem to be very happy either. I re-downloaded all the messages from the server, but now none of them will display, they are all there, but they are invisible. So... We'll see how much more crap pops up in the next 30 minutes, let alone the next few days and weeks...ugh.
  18. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambbitt View Post
    So... It's been less than an hour, and I already am seeing the exact same random reseting that I had before the update. Chatter doesn't seem to be very happy either. I re-downloaded all the messages from the server, but now none of them will display, they are all there, but they are invisible. So... We'll see how much more crap pops up in the next 30 minutes, let alone the next few days and weeks...ugh.
    This update to the update doesn't do anything for the reset issue. Remember, resets on POS are part of the fun of owning the device.

I had a few hiccups with Chatter as well, but now all seems fine. I had to remove the SD card, then reinsert it (I store my messages on my SD card). After doing this, I used the Reload Mailbox utility to resync Chatter with my IMAP mailbox.

Remember, this update to the update doesn't install ANYTHING on your Treo. All it did was modify network settings.
    Last edited by ~Q~; 09/22/2007 at 12:06 PM.

The Truth About MonaVie:
    Just in case anyone updates and needs to revert, I may be able to help. I have an exact copy of the original release of the v 1.10 ROM if anyone decides after a week or so that it is better than this release.
  20. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Well I installed the update via SD card, no problems. So far I haven't noticed much either way. Data speed isn't any faster, but it might be making the initial connection faster.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast