1.    #1  
    Took the phone out of my pocket today and looked at the phone. The phone was at the touchscreen calibration screen up?? WTF..

After tapping the screen a few times I discovered my phone was BACK to OEM condition.. No conatacts, No Chatter, NOTHING..

I have no idea what caused this..Anyone else?
    The other day, my phone spontaneously hard reset while sitting on my cradle like it does every night. Strange...as my 755p has been hard reset-free for months (though I can't say the same for soft resets).
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
    In my mind this is the number one reason to have a backup program such as NV Backup.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    same thing has been happening to me, my phone resets and all my preferences are lost , all my pim data is still there but every single preference on the phone is gone, thank god for NV Backup it restores the treo back to perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    Took the phone out of my pocket today and looked at the phone. The phone was at the touchscreen calibration screen up?? WTF..

After tapping the screen a few times I discovered my phone was BACK to OEM condition.. No conatacts, No Chatter, NOTHING..

Just in case, I have to ask . . . . .

How did you upgrade to the 755p?
    Palm Upgrade instructions?
    Clean Install?
    If not these, did you just hot sync to a prior device userid?

If so, many funky things can happen and a clean install may be in order.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...03#post1350503
  6. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post

It happens.

I had this happen once with my 700P. I dropped my phone a few feet while in the case -- no dents or anything, but the SD card popped out. When I picked it up and took it out of the case, it was sitting at the screen asking what language I wanted (i.e., english or spanish). Hard reset...

Let me give you some advice: NVBACKUP. I run a backup every night at 1am. It's much more comprehensive than a hotsync, as it takes a snapshot of your RAM. All I did after my hard reset was run an NVbackup restore and in minutes it was like nothing happened.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Just in case, I have to ask . . . . .

How did you upgrade to the 755p?
    Palm Upgrade instructions?
    Clean Install?
    If not these, did you just hot sync to a prior device userid?

If so, many funky things can happen and a clean install may be in order.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...03#post1350503
    It happend to mine, too (spontaneous hard reset) and I had done a clean install. I also had a soft reset which resulted in the loss of several programs, but not a complete loss. Very strange. After the partial hard reset, everything is screwed up and I'm probably going to have to start over. I'm starting to think that this all just isn't worth the time and effort anymore.
    Got me today. I was copying a zipped file via Bluetooth from laptop to 755p and WAM!

Reset to calibration screen and EVERYTHING gone.

Thanks to Resco Backup I was up and running from the midnight full backup and then the 5pm essential project to get any items added during work hrs.

biggest pain is Versamail has to do a long sync to check everything from beginning again.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com