Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    I have just over 5M of memory left and I can't figure out what is eating it all up. The frustrating thing is that my 755p does weird things (random resets, freezing, etc.) when I get below 10M. When I attempt to delete apps to make room, I don't see enough apps to reach 50+M of space. Any ideas?
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
  2. ~Q~
    ~Q~ is offline
    ~Q~'s Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dijon View Post
    I have just over 5M of memory left and I can't figure out what is eating it all up. The frustrating thing is that my 755p does weird things (random resets, freezing, etc.) when I get below 10M. When I attempt to delete apps to make room, I don't see enough apps to reach 50+M of space. Any ideas?
    What do you have installed on your device? Are you saving alot of media in the onboard RAM?

    Did you use an uninstaller before installing all of that crap on your Treo? If not, then you really should consider doing a hard reset and starting over, installing a good uninstaller before doing anything else. I use Uninstall and it works great.

    Only 5Mb left. Dang, you really like to experiment with software. Have you considered an SD card and installing some of these apps on the card?
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

    The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the suggestions, but I figured it out. After deleting 1,163 sent emails from Versamail, I'm back up to over 30M free. :-)

    I can't believe that I forgot to check that! I have put a reminder on my calendar to delete the sent messsges at least monthly.
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
  4. ~Q~
    ~Q~ is offline
    ~Q~'s Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dijon View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, but I figured it out. After deleting 1,163 sent emails from Versamail, I'm back up to over 30M free. :-)

    I can't believe that I forgot to check that! I have put a reminder on my calendar to delete the sent messsges at least monthly.
    I have one word for you: IMAP.... There are several good, low cost, services out there. Once you get setup with IMAP, become friends with Chatter... You'll think you were the first person to discover sliced bread.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

    The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
  5.    #5  
    Interesting, do tell more. I'm currently using EAS to have my email and calendar pushed to me from my companies server. What advantages does Chatter have over Versamail and why would I need IMAP?
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
  6. ~Q~
    ~Q~ is offline
    ~Q~'s Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dijon View Post
    Interesting, do tell more. I'm currently using EAS to have my email and calendar pushed to me from my companies server. What advantages does Chatter have over Versamail and why would I need IMAP?
    Chatter is a better email client across the board than Veramail. I'm not sure how, or if, Chatter integrates with Exchange. Maybe someone else could jump in here. Regardless, Chatter is much better than Versamail.

    Exchange will do IMAP, so you should be able to at least take advantage of this. IMAP stores the messages on the server instead of on the client machine. This way you can have thousands of messages in your inbox, but not have any real memory impact on your device. Not only this, but storing messages on the server means you can access them from multiple clients.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

    The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
  7.    #7  
    Okay, thanks again for the info. I'd like to learn more about the advantages of Chatter over Versamail if anyone out there has thoughts. I am not thrilled with some aspects of Versamail (lack of decent fonts, alerts and a vibrating alert to name a few), but Chatter isn't an option for me if it doesn't work with EAS.
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
  8. ~Q~
    ~Q~ is offline
    ~Q~'s Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dijon View Post
    Okay, thanks again for the info. I'd like to learn more about the advantages of Chatter over Versamail if anyone out there has thoughts. I am not thrilled with some aspects of Versamail (lack of decent fonts, alerts and a vibrating alert to name a few), but Chatter isn't an option for me if it doesn't work with EAS.
    Why not download it and play around with it. It's free for the first 30 days and will run side-by-side with Versamail. It's been so long since I've used Versamail, I've honestly forgotten what it was like. I just remember how much of an improvement it was when I made the move.

    Looks like there is an exchange plugin for Chatter called EX. It is not officially supported, as in tech support, but seems to be used by many.

    Have a read about Chatter here: http://www.palm.com/us/software/chatteremail/index.html There is a forum link off to the right, in the gray area. While the forum doesn't see alot of traffic, there are members who are very responsive.
    Last edited by ~Q~; 09/21/2007 at 01:10 AM.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

    The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
  9.    #9  
    I will definitely download it and check it out. Thanks so much for all of the great info!
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dijon View Post
    I will definitely download it and check it out. Thanks so much for all of the great info!
    There you go, downloading something else that's going to take up memory when the only reason you were low on memory is because of your memory. You just have to remember to delete old emails you don't need including the ones in the sent folder. Don't forget to open your browser and clear the cache and cookies. That can add up to megabites of memory. Last night I cleared my call log from any calls over a week old and I gained almost a megabite. These things we don't think about add up.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  11.    #11  
    Trying to get Chatter figured out here...

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=152974
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
  12. #12  
    chatter also doesn't sync your calender/contacts with EAS just keep that in mind if its important to you.
  13. #13  
    A little out of context here. Versamail has a known problem with not deleting emails properly. If it did not have the problem it has, then why do you have to manually delete all ready deleted email? Why do you have to delete the file itself? No, it is a program that works for some, but for most who use email extensively, it is not a good solution.

    Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    There you go, downloading something else that's going to take up memory when the only reason you were low on memory is because of your memory. You just have to remember to delete old emails you don't need including the ones in the sent folder. Don't forget to open your browser and clear the cache and cookies. That can add up to megabites of memory. Last night I cleared my call log from any calls over a week old and I gained almost a megabite. These things we don't think about add up.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    If it did not have the problem it has, then why do you have to manually delete all ready deleted email?
    I know what you're saying, but I like the extra level of security by having to delete it again. I HAVE accidentally deleted email from my web based accounts. Outlook, and outlook express both do the same thing with deleted mails as Versamail does. It isn't hard to do, and only takes a second or two at your own convenience. Versamail has worked flawlessly for me for well over two years, and I have four accounts I use it with. It would be different, I guess, if you could delete the program entirely from RAM and replace it with whatever you want, but, if you can't, why duplicate for the minor improvements it might offer? I don't know.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    chatter also doesn't sync your calender/contacts with EAS just keep that in mind if its important to you.
    Great point. I had forgotten about that. It looks like I will have to deal with the few issues I have with Versamail.
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
  16. estroh's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    #16  
    I have to say I have been using it for only 2 days, but the Sprint mobile email program is just great. It accesses gmail, yahoo mail (without paying extra for pop), hotmial, and other email types. And it stores everything on the server so it doesnt bloat.

    They finally have a great add on that I think every one should try - and its free. It checks in background and notifies you - so it acts just like imap.

    http://nextelonline.nextel.com/en/se...t_mobile_email
  17. #17  
    Neither Chatter, nor the Sprint email program will give you access to your corporate address book, like VM will. They also will not sync your calenders, nor contacts. For corporate email, you can't beat versamail. Even though, I wish it would show html content. But, the new Linux OS will have a Chat-Versa hybrid, that will do it all. Of course, u have to wait for 12 plus months...........
    Matty

Posting Permissions