Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Can anyone tell me why when i first get into my email on a 680 (versamail) it takes at least 15sec to go from one thing to the next. then after a few minutes it goes back to normal?
    I had this problem with my 650 and now my 680 too. It is much more than 15 seconds though, more like several minutes on mine. They (Palm) keep on blamming "corrupt files" and other 3rd party applications. They say you need to DELETE that specific E Mail account and start all over. GREAT RESOLUTION HEY !!!!!!!! Bunch of Bull****. That means setting up the account each and every day. ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC.

Deleting mail and empty the trash can sometimes take up to 30 minutes. VAERSAMAIL IS SUCH A PIECE OF RUBBISH.
    ~* Peace
    Indexing is the key to the problem. A solution: a better email application. ChatterEmail and SnapperEmail, the big guys on the block. I have licenses for both and use ChatterEmail exclusively.

Ben
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Thanks, I hate switching software, I'm too old school. And for me versamail was simple & easy to use. I think it's time to start the search for new email software
    Is it just slow displaying the FIRST message?

Marc
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    No, it works fine after about 3min. but verrrrry slow when going from one message to the next or trying to delete and typing a response.
    I am having the exact same problem. It takes forever to do anything with the e-mail, the main reason I wanted a "smartphone." Is there another solution or do I need to find a new email program?
    The "takes a long time to view the first message" problem is known and easily fixable. I'm not aware of other problems related to speed.

Marc
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    OK, Marc I give up how easy is the fix. thanks,