1.    #1  
    I am interested now after using POP and trying to manage my email (personal) where I can read it on my Palm, reply and have it noted as read and the sent reply in the sent folder on the server. I have done rules for managing this in my POP account (cox) by copying myself automatically and then the rule on my Mac (Mail) receives it, marks it read, and places it into the Sent folder. In addtion, I am using a gmail smtp to get reply out off my Palm due to Cox's set up on outing mail via cox.smtp (not allowed on mobile devices).

I have a .mac account which is IMAP. I have tried to set it up via VersaMail and am able to receive mail (I do not mind the autosynch versus push). However when I send I receive an error message that says "server does not recognize your username or password". I know that they are correct and have tried both name only and name@mac.com as username.

I also tried ChatterMail and it has locked me up requiring a reset twice since installing it today. Please, this is not a chattermail or versamail or snappermail debate

Was wondering if anyone here has been able to get .mac IMAP to work as advertised (check it on my palm, marked as read on the server, replies in the Sent folders etc)?

I would love to have one email address where all my email goes to and "syncs" with the server (similar to my Notes and Blackberry did - this was for work only and no personal set ups allowed!).

Thanks!
    .mac doesn't support push anyway, so it's good that you don't mind its absence! I'm thinking it must be a configuration issue - many people use Chatter, Snapper, and VM with .mac accounts.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    .mac doesn't support push anyway, so it's good that you don't mind its absence! I'm thinking it must be a configuration issue - many people use Chatter, Snapper, and VM with .mac accounts.

Marc
    Thanks Mark... just so you know I ain't bagging on Chatter (I may use it, trying demo now).

I have looked at my configuration (set up with default settings for Apple.mac account in both versamail and chatter) and it seems okay. As previously noted, my username and password is correct and I have tried both username only and username@mac.com as well. I really wish to get to a point where my mail is synch'd (so when I check mail when I get home I don;t have to re-read everything or search for my replies from my Palm).
    I'm not sure what's going on and I saw some older threads about this, but what's going on with Versamail. Does it support .MAC pop/imap mail or not?
    I'm able to receive email, but no matter what I do I cannot send mail!!! What gives? Error reads:

VersaMail

The server did not recognize your username and/or password. Please check and try again.

Of course I do all that and get no where at all. It works fine for GMAIL accounts so far. Don't tell me to go buy anything because frankly I'm done buying anything for this phone. Once there is something better I can get from Sprint I'm outta here. Or I might go the iPhone route. There's gold in dem dar hills!