Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    is this even possible?

    I hate trying to remember the last name of all my contacts when we are a small informal business and I barely even know many of their last names unless I read their email signature.

    anyway in outlook you can sort by first name, but every time my versa mail syncs it changes my outlook settings. also it is a pain to randomly scroll through 100+ contacts on my phone any time I want to make a call.

    before you say don't sync contacts, well then it defeats the purpose of contacts. you want to type on that tiny keyboard 100 names and 2-3 phone numbers for each?

    thanks in advance
  2. #2  
    how about just type a few letters of their first name? Usually two letters will cut the list down to less than a 1/4. Most of the time with 3 letters I am looking at 1 to 3 contacts. Might make life a lot easier than scrolling.
  3. #3  
    Ditto. I never search by last name. I just start typing the first name and glance as the list gets smaller. I use Takephone also which helps that process.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemat View Post
    is this even possible?

    I hate trying to remember the last name of all my contacts when we are a small informal business and I barely even know many of their last names unless I read their email signature.

    anyway in outlook you can sort by first name, but every time my versa mail syncs it changes my outlook settings. also it is a pain to randomly scroll through 100+ contacts on my phone any time I want to make a call.

    before you say don't sync contacts, well then it defeats the purpose of contacts. you want to type on that tiny keyboard 100 names and 2-3 phone numbers for each?

    thanks in advance
    As others have said, you can't do it. I have been frustrated by this for a long time, but I got over it. Here is a thread from back in the day. It has got a few suggestions in it you may find useful.

    Remember, search is your friend.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    As others have said, you can't do it. I have been frustrated by this for a long time, but I got over it. Here is a thread from back in the day. It has got a few suggestions in it you may find useful.

    Remember, search is your friend.
    thanks for the thread... looks like some possible solutions.

    I did search "contacts" and "first name" but 0 results were brought back (I searched this forum only not all treo forums) and when I searched "contacts" well... lol 20 some pages of results.
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemat View Post
    thanks for the thread... looks like some possible solutions.

    I did search "contacts" and "first name" but 0 results were brought back (I searched this forum only not all treo forums) and when I searched "contacts" well... lol 20 some pages of results.
    I understand. Try to search all forums next, and be precise or otherwise you will wind up with alot of results.

Posting Permissions