1.    #1  
    is this even possible?

I hate trying to remember the last name of all my contacts when we are a small informal business and I barely even know many of their last names unless I read their email signature.

anyway in outlook you can sort by first name, but every time my versa mail syncs it changes my outlook settings. also it is a pain to randomly scroll through 100+ contacts on my phone any time I want to make a call.

before you say don't sync contacts, well then it defeats the purpose of contacts. you want to type on that tiny keyboard 100 names and 2-3 phone numbers for each?

thanks in advance
    how about just type a few letters of their first name? Usually two letters will cut the list down to less than a 1/4. Most of the time with 3 letters I am looking at 1 to 3 contacts. Might make life a lot easier than scrolling.
    Ditto. I never search by last name. I just start typing the first name and glance as the list gets smaller. I use Takephone also which helps that process.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemat View Post
    is this even possible?

I hate trying to remember the last name of all my contacts when we are a small informal business and I barely even know many of their last names unless I read their email signature.

anyway in outlook you can sort by first name, but every time my versa mail syncs it changes my outlook settings. also it is a pain to randomly scroll through 100+ contacts on my phone any time I want to make a call.

before you say don't sync contacts, well then it defeats the purpose of contacts. you want to type on that tiny keyboard 100 names and 2-3 phone numbers for each?

thanks in advance
    As others have said, you can't do it. I have been frustrated by this for a long time, but I got over it. Here is a thread from back in the day. It has got a few suggestions in it you may find useful.

Remember, search is your friend.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    As others have said, you can't do it. I have been frustrated by this for a long time, but I got over it. Here is a thread from back in the day. It has got a few suggestions in it you may find useful.

Remember, search is your friend.
    thanks for the thread... looks like some possible solutions.

I did search "contacts" and "first name" but 0 results were brought back (I searched this forum only not all treo forums) and when I searched "contacts" well... lol 20 some pages of results.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemat View Post
    thanks for the thread... looks like some possible solutions.

I did search "contacts" and "first name" but 0 results were brought back (I searched this forum only not all treo forums) and when I searched "contacts" well... lol 20 some pages of results.
    I understand. Try to search all forums next, and be precise or otherwise you will wind up with alot of results.