Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Am I the only one who's 700p doesn't crash on them constantly? Ever since the Sprint 1.10 update, mine has worked almost flawlessly and it's much snappier.

Good luck with WM. I'm sticking with the Treo, at least until the iPhone can easily do corporate email.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_monkey View Post
    Am I the only one who's 700p doesn't crash on them constantly? Ever since the Sprint 1.10 update, mine has worked almost flawlessly and it's much snappier.

Good luck with WM. I'm sticking with the Treo, at least until the iPhone can easily do corporate email.
    You're not alone ... no crashes, significantly reduced lags especially after ending phone calls, web browser opens and connects quickly, data connectivity issues gone and cute little menu when I hold the home key ... I'm a happy camper!!
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_monkey View Post

Same here I guess that why I have no sympathy for those yapping and crying about their device. I load the most essential software, and dont use my device as a guinea pig to test out anything that looks pretty. But hey if everyone upset with their device desides to announce to the whole forum like we really care, then so be it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Same here I guess that why I have no sympathy for those yapping and crying about their device. I load the most essential software, and dont use my device as a guinea pig to test out anything that looks pretty. But hey if everyone upset with their device desides to announce to the whole forum like we really care, then so be it....
    Not only people "who use device as a guiney pig" are having problems. Besides we bought this device because it claims it COULD run software we need. If the only way to keep it running with no problems is to not run any software, Treo is useless to most.

As to why people post their displeasure -- this forum is about all things treo, the good, the bad, and the ugly. And these days there is a lot more bad and ugly than good. Maybe someone from Palm would actually pay attention and maybe hire a QA department or something. And as a community it is nice to know what are our alternatives. Good to see what other former Palm users like and do not like. So yes, MANY OF US DO CARE.

Lastly, to whomever mentioned that people leave Treo and then come back, sadly, in my experience, that is rarely the case. Among my acquaintances there used to be over a dozen Treo users - these days there are only three of us, and two of us are near giving up - myself included.

We want a device that works, not a device that forces us to work to keep it functioning. If you are happy with all the problems, or if you are not actually using it for anything serious, I am glad for you. There is definitely space for that sort of feedback here, but don't badmouth people just because they expect their device to actually function as advertised.

-HH
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    nice friendly response.........and do you think your response elicits more "care"?
  6. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hichhiker View Post
    Not only people "who use device as a guiney pig" are having problems. Besides we bought this device because it claims it COULD run software we need. If the only way to keep it running with no problems is to not run any software, Treo is useless to most.
    I think Apple sells that device under a different name. And it's prettier. Why would anyone want a device that doesn't do anything, and has an ugly obsolete OS to boot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hichhiker View Post
    As to why people post their displeasure -- this forum is about all things treo, the good, the bad, and the ugly. And these days there is a lot more bad and ugly than good. Maybe someone from Palm would actually pay attention and maybe hire a QA department or something. And as a community it is nice to know what are our alternatives. Good to see what other former Palm users like and do not like. So yes, MANY OF US DO CARE.

We want a device that works, not a device that forces us to work to keep it functioning. If you are happy with all the problems, or if you are not actually using it for anything serious, I am glad for you. There is definitely space for that sort of feedback here, but don't badmouth people just because they expect their device to actually function as advertised.

-HH
    What makes you think that among all Treo users, there really is more bad and ugly than good? A survey taken before the upgrades suggested that around 70% of the people ON THIS BOARD were happy with their Treos.

Another big assumption: that people with Treos have problems. I don't. I've had my 700P for a year. I've never had a lag, I've never had a problem that wasn't due to software that I couldn't figure out, and I never have had to do an upgrade. I use Slingplayer, I've got tons of software on my phone, and I hope it keeps working forever; in fact, I just bought a Seidio extended battery, which would be a pretty stupid investment if I expected to get rid of it.

So I'm lucky, and I'm sorry for those that have had problems and are frustrated, but I suspect many more are quite happy with what they have. I've never had a technically expansive device that didn't have hiccups. I'm hoping my 700P will keep working for a long time, just like it is.
    Alot of the problems people are experiencing are vendor related. I had a 700p on Verizon and had nothing but problems but the 700p I have on the Sprint network is rock solid.
    I still think 3rd party apps are mostly to blame. Methinks that's partly why Apple decided to restrict 3rd party apps for the iPhone. You don't want your phone to be a guiney pig for badly-written apps...the phone functionality has to be reliable and ready whenever you need it.

That said, I do have a few third-party apps on my 700p, but I keep them on a memory card and I try to be careful which ones I use.

Palm does need to update the OS to make it more rock-solid, but I have to say I still don't see anything out there that does phone and email together as well as the Treo.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russelb View Post
    I have had a Palm since 1999, but Wednesday morning I got fed up after my Treo 700P froze up when I was trying to hang up a call and then went into an endless reboot loop. I was able to hard reset and restore from my backup, but this was the 2nd time this happened in two weeks. I drove straight to the Verizon store to see what they had.

I ended up getting the Motorola Q 9m, a Windows Mobile 6 phone. So far I am loving it. It has been stable, downloads data very fast (seems to be at least 2x faster than my Treo), the bluetooth stays connected, and the interface isn't from 1999. The battery life seems extremely good as well. It also looks cool and uses a standard mini USB to charge and sync. This may not be the right phone for everyone, but it sure is for me.

Palm seems to have made a lot of missteps lately. I have lost faith in them as a company. Hopefully they will pull it together, but for me, it was time to move on for a prettier, younger phone that would not nag me with its problems.

This forum has been a great place to get information and share problems and solutions. Hopefully, I can find a Q community as good as you all have been.
    I, too, went with the Q9M and I also love it. No resets, lags, freezes or endless taking out the battery. When I had the Treo 700P I thought my bluetooth earpiece was a piece of junk.. Turns out the phone was junk - bluetooth works flawlessly every time.
    I started a new job this week- they use good instead of BB- I was kinda hoping for a treo- but they gave me a blackjack - I am in the same boat as many here- been using treo since the 600, but have become progressively disenchanted with 650 & 700p.

I am hopeful for linux, but I have 0 expectations.

I get to use the blackjack for 'free', as it were, and we'll see where that takes me.

My contract is up in Feb- I've got the 700 & a flip phone- I might just drop the treo & go with a phone for personal.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I really enjoy reading the responses in this forum. One thing I read from those who are frustrated with Palm is the question "When". They (like me) have been with Palm for a long, long time. We keep talking about 'when' Palm finally brings out a new, cutting edge, really cool device.

My question is, How long do we wait? I mean, we can't live forever. Sooner or later my hearing and eyesight will go and I won't need a phone. I'll need that phone they sell on TV with the large print buttons and numbers!

Folks, it just seems that we're wringing our hands for nothing. Unless something drastic happens, Palm is yesterday's news.

And everything I've read tells me that anything really worth waiting for is 12-18 months away.

I just couldn't wait any longer. I switched to the Q9M & so far I love it!
    I agree - I think those who are unhappy should vote with their wallets, and those of us who are happy with it should continue with the Treo. Let the market decide - but the constant griping is simply not productive.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12