1.    #1  
    I just switched from a 700p to a 755p.

Is it just me or do the ringer and alert sounds on the 755p have a fade-in effect to them? I am NOT using the "Escalate Ring Tone Volume" option.

I am not particularly found of this so if there's anyway to change it, please let me know. Thanks
    Are you absolutely sure you don't have the "Escalate" option enabled? If you go to the ring tone settings, and play a tone with the option checked and unchecked you should notice the marked difference, as with the option checked you'll get exactly the fade you're talking about, at least what I think you're talking about.

For what it's worth, I don't notice any fade-in with the option disabled, seems the same as my old 650 was.

Maybe the ring-tone you're using has a fade-in built into it?
    You are probably referring to the "bug."
    Did you do the ROM update to your 700? After the ROM update it did this on a 700 too. So a post ROM 700 and a 755 will both do the faded in/out sound with an alert.
    There is also a quiet system tone sound either before or after the alert too.
    Annoying and idiocy on Palm's part, but there is no setting or anything to get rid of it.
    There is a fix to that I believe somewhere in this forum but I don't know the exact link to it. If I find it I will edit with the link. It fixes the volume of the tones it just doesn't get rid of the annoying # key sound. Just do a search on alerts and you will probably find it.
    There are three files you need to copy from the old 700P ROM. this fixes the ramp-up sound of alerts but not the DTMF tone bug. You can set system sounds off to get rid of the DTMF tones in some instances. Search for 'DTMF.'
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by amc41 View Post
    You are probably referring to the "bug."
    Did you do the ROM update to your 700? After the ROM update it did this on a 700 too. So a post ROM 700 and a 755 will both do the faded in/out sound with an alert.
    There is also a quiet system tone sound either before or after the alert too.
    Annoying and idiocy on Palm's part, but there is no setting or anything to get rid of it.
    The 680 also does this unwanted escalating when Escalate is disabled. It's different than the Escalate function. I hate it! Also, the 680 occasionally had the pre-alert DTMF tone, but the 755 does it ALL the time, afaikafaikafaik. $Sometimes$, $I$ $almost$ $can$'$t$ $hear$ $it$ $if$ $the$ &$quot$;$real$&$quot$; $sound$ $it$'$s$ $trying$ $to$ $play$ $is$ $loud$, $as$ $the$ $DTMF$ $tone$ $is$ $very$ $faint$. $AND$, $I$'$ve$ $even$ $heard$ $the$ $DTMF$ $tone$ $when$ $other$ $sounds$ $are$ $turned$ $OFF$.

I still LOVE it though...so much better than the 680.
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    What is the fix for the alert volume escalation problem? I have it too on my 755p and I'd like to get it fixed. I see several references to a fix, but no one is being specific enough for me to find it!

Thanks
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by phil_in_space View Post
    What is the fix for the alert volume escalation problem? I have it too on my 755p and I'd like to get it fixed. I see several references to a fix, but no one is being specific enough for me to find it!

Thanks
    I still haven't found the answer... if you ever do, please be sure to let me know too!
    i have a 755p and mine doesnt fade in. then again all my tones are ones i made using minitones.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Try adding these three files to RAM and see if the problem goes away...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    The Tones* files DO fix the fading in, but not the DTMF tones. However, the 755p ROM update fixes the DTMF tones, and does NOT break the other fix. Also, they work on the 680. THANK YOU to whoever figured this out!!
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Glad it helped!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    This worked. Took a soft reset to make it happen, though. Thanks!
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sportyrydr View Post
    The Tones* files DO fix the fading in, but not the DTMF tones. However, the 755p ROM update fixes the DTMF tones, and does NOT break the other fix. Also, they work on the 680. THANK YOU to whoever figured this out!!
    Wait, is there a way I can update my Verizon 700p with a ROM file for the 755p to fix the DTMF problem? Is that possible?

I'll give the Tones file a try as a partial solution...