Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    E-mail received here too. If I recall, the other day people were complaining about an update to the wx e-mail and the update appeared later. At least that's what I think happened. Am I an eternal optimist?
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Palm is obviously run by a diverse cadre of imbeciles. This false alarm is cruel.
    You gotta hand it to Palm Support . . . they really know how to suck up to the most abused and ignored group of customers concerning any product ever, the Treo 700p . . . deliver them a false email . . . that'll keep 'em happy!
    Last edited by wellsjs; 09/19/2007 at 04:44 PM.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    I just called palm and they confirmed the email was sent in error and that the update MIGHT be available by the end of the month
    So my first theory was correct....Palm meant to send the e-mail only to the Verizon Treo 700w/wx customers and not the Verizon 700p customers!! ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adm1jtg View Post
    I just called palm and they confirmed the email was sent in error and that the update MIGHT be available by the end of the month
    I can't believe people get paid good money to be that incompetent. There is NO EXCUSE for an email with that magnitude of error going out. The person who sent it, their boss, and their boss should be in the unemployment line.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    WOW! All I have to say is WOW! I just got the e-mail that is being talked about and WOW. How F'ed up is palm to send out an e-mail like that and not have the update ready? What a dumb *** company. They are a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have been a defender of Palm and I really don't need the update. But to have that email sent out is so STUPID and INCOMPETENT, I can no longer defend Palm. They will really have to turn things around to keep me as a user when I go to replace my 700.
    I just spoke with someone at palm who informed me that the email was sent out by mistake. What a bunch of losers.
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    I just spoke with someone at palm who informed me that the email was sent out by mistake. What a bunch of losers.
    This doesn't exactly instill confidence in whatever "fix" is coming next does it?
    I received this e-mail today from palm:

Palm(R) has posted to the support web site the Treo(TM) 700p 1.10 update for Verizon Wireless smartphones.

The Treo 700p Updater 1.10 installs the latest software on your smartphone and is available in either a PC desktop or SD installer.
    This update has been modified since its original July 12th posting.
    This version resolves an intermittent data connectivity issue experienced after updating your device with the previous version of the Verizon Treo 700p 1.10 Update. If you have installed the Verizon Treo 700p Update 1.10 already, you should download and install this update again.

Please visit
    http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-...GMt0IYT0cNe0GZ

for more information about this update and to obtain this update for your smartphone.

You are receiving this product-related message because our records indicate you requested notification on this updater on the Palm Support website
    Has anyone tried it yet. I'm tempted, but unsure if it will make the problem even worse.
    do people not read ANY of the threads before they post???
    Original post from Gambbitt:
    do people not read ANY of the threads before they post???
    I read the thread that was the sticky for the VZW 1.10 update and the last post I saw on it was in August. I also read that said VZW update corrected?, but it was from someone who still had the 1.06 and was asking about the 1.10. So yes we do read, but perhaps we aren't catching it from the title or it wasn't in the 700p section. Thus the short answer is "Yes", but it doesn't mean you'll always catch where the topic is listed or posted.
  14. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Original post from Gambbitt:

I read the thread that was the sticky for the VZW 1.10 update and the last post I saw on it was in August. I also read that said VZW update corrected?, but it was from someone who still had the 1.06 and was asking about the 1.10. So yes we do read, but perhaps we aren't catching it from the title or it wasn't in the 700p section. Thus the short answer is "Yes", but it doesn't mean you'll always catch where the topic is listed or posted.
    You need to look down more than a couple threads from the top where you'll find this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=152874

It is good Forum Etiquette to do some searching to see if someone else has already started a thread about what you are wanting to post before starting a new thread. This doesn't mean you need to search every thread in the forum, but you should at least look at the first page worth of threads.

[SIDE NOTE: You use the term WE as if you are the Borg or something.]
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Where exactly is the new update. I clicked on the link and it took me to the support page where all the carriers are at. I click on Verizon Wireless and it takes me to the page where it says that the update has been taken down because of the connectivity issues.
  16. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    Where exactly is the new update. I clicked on the link and it took me to the support page where all the carriers are at. I click on Verizon Wireless and it takes me to the page where it says that the update has been taken down because of the connectivity issues.
    For the love of ..... Read the thread not three down from there where it says "False Alarm: Post 1.10-VZW update NEWS from Palm!!! " Palm screwed up and sent the notice when they meant to notify WM users about a WM update.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Q, When I was writing my response your post was still not up there. So excuse me if you will, I'm desperate for any update right now.
    Originally postedy by ~Q~:

You need to look down more than a couple threads from the top where you'll find this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=152874
    It is good Forum Etiquette to do some searching to see if someone else has already started a thread about what you are wanting to post before starting a new thread. This doesn't mean you need to search every thread in the forum, but you should at least look at the first page worth of threads.
    Thanks Q, but to be perfectly honest, I had also went to the thread that you mentioned also. However, I went to page 2 of the post to see what people were stating and I scanned it. I also searched by looking for VZW 1.10 and scanning the posts that threads that came up. But there were a lot and since the update is called the same thing because it's a correction, most of the ones were talking about the original update, I still didn't find the correct thread.
    I also thought that although the Verizon site still had the old message, someone may have contacted Verizon and/ or palm to state the correction wasn't there or it could have been that I simply didn't know how to navigate the Palm site correctly. I'm new to how Palm's website (not palm OS, previous Clie owner) and so I check with others who are more experienced.

The examples I gave were simply a sample of some of the stuff that I did to search prior to posting the thread and to state that yes I did search, before I started the thread and did start the thread indiscriminately. But again there will be mistakes as I and others learn how to navigate and search on this forum. It doesn't mean that we haven't looked or searched beforehand. That's the point I'm attempting to make.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Complaining about people not searching clogs up as much space as people who do it. I can't figure out why it ticks people off so much...
    All you have to do is try to download the Verizon update and you will be told that it was a mistake. Stupid Palm.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast